Thread: Garmin G3X Install

Default Garmin G3X Install

I just powered up my G3X panel and, surprisingly, everything worked! Except the following:

- No transponder info (the antenna isn't hooked up, yet)
    - No Engine parameters - even "X'd" boxes - flashing/blinking light on the back of the GEA
    - Autopilot doesn't appear to power up

Does this mean something's wrong with my wiring? I'm waiting on a harness to connect the GSU 25 (ADAHRS) to everything else. Is that part of the problem?

The autopilot had a separate power to the 2AMP "GMC" breaker on the AVIONICS BUS.... but it doesn't appear to power up when I have Servo Switched-Breaker on and AV Switch on.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by gderamel; 09-28-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Default Re: Garmin G3X Install

Did you power up the G3x in programming mode? My radio was set as comm two and several items had to be turned off/on (GPS internal vs external, Xpdr, etc) the GPS needs a signal and the AHARs calibrated for synthetic vision and the maps to show up) there are setting for GPS output if you are sending info to an ELT that need to be turned on also.

I am guessing it needs inputs from ADaHRS to be happy. I couldn't get map data to show until it knew where it was (GPS). There is Xpdr stuff that needs to be entered too. (Self install not a CC built panel no Autopilot)

Jake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

You have to turn on the intercom too. I thought it was a wiring problem. I could xmit and turn on the lights at the airport but couldn't receive and no side tone/intercom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

Quote Originally Posted by c130jake View Post
    Did you power up the G3x in programming mode?
    Thanks! I did NOT boot up in programming mode. l'll try tomorrow.

Are the engine, flight parameters pre-loaded? Or on the SIM card? No instructions (as you know).

Separately, the Y-Harness that connects into the AHAR -- are there supposed to be the Garmin filters sandwiched in-between the plugs? The Y-Harness that the factory sent me has males pins on both ends, and the AHAR plugs are male??? I'm now wondering if they were supposed to send me filters (like the Garmin autopilot servos)? See attached Garmin parts-blowup (page 15-2 from the G3X Installation Manual).

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 7.35.12 AM.jpg
    Last edited by gderamel; 09-29-2015 at 04:40 AM. Reason: add Garmin product blowup

Quote Originally Posted by c130jake View Post
    You have to turn on the intercom too.
    No Intercom. The GTR 200 (Com) has a INTRCOM incorporated into it. And the Bose Interconnect Wiring Harness ties it all together.

I don't think there are filters, the harnesses just plug in. I got the gtr20 remote radio so I had to turn on the intercom. The engine parameters/air speed flap limits are all set in programming mode.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!