Thread: Carbon EX build

Cool Carbon EX build

Regards,
    I'm looking into a build and have to plan on a place to store the kit in progress. I work O'seas and get time off for R&R. This August I plan to visit the CubCraft factory and see about a start up and flight lessons.

Is the fuselage kit sent intact and will it fit in a 20' x 10' starage shed? I assume the wings are two assemblies that attach to the fuselage (duh!) and will fit easily into the storage shed.

I have little fying experience but have been FE qualified in B727. Along the way in the past 40 years or so I flew rt seat in a C-47, DHc-6 and Aztec a/c. So my visit this August may include some flying lessons on a Super Cub type a/c.

I'm wanting to get the performance and a good price so I could maybe see about a used a/c but if the plan works to build I'll go with it. I need a place to work it and store the a/c as well as fly some lessons.
    Maybe the Yakima aerodrome has a facility that would work for me. My options are limited but I may work out of Pierson,Fl aerodrome when I drop in from Kuwait to see my brother.

Just thinking out loud. I'm really set on an a/c wih range and payload and STOL like the Carbon EX. I have many questions about powerplant options and belly pods and Gross weight upgrades. It's been some time since I worked puddle jumpers and need info on this stuff. I go for max performance with utility capabiliity; that's what I'm talking about.

Another kit type I've noticed is more affordable but doesn't have the perrformance like the Carbon EX.
    It would make my day to start flying and be able to ck out places that a 4x4 goes to uh yeah that's where it's at\o/\o/\o/

Default Re: Carbon EX build

The fuselage kit box is approximately 18 ft long, by 3 1/2 ft wide by 5 ft tall.

Joe
    ZackAir.com

Quote Originally Posted by djohnson View Post
    Regards,
    I'm looking into a build and have to plan on a place to store the kit in progress. I work O'seas and get time off for R&R. This August I plan to visit the CubCraft factory and see about a start up and flight lessons.

Is the fuselage kit sent intact and will it fit in a 20' x 10' starage shed? I assume the wings are two assemblies that attach to the fuselage (duh!) and will fit easily into the storage shed.

I have little fying experience but have been FE qualified in B727. Along the way in the past 40 years or so I flew rt seat in a C-47, DHc-6 and Aztec a/c. So my visit this August may include some flying lessons on a Super Cub type a/c.

I'm wanting to get the performance and a good price so I could maybe see about a used a/c but if the plan works to build I'll go with it. I need a place to work it and store the a/c as well as fly some lessons.
    Maybe the Yakima aerodrome has a facility that would work for me. My options are limited but I may work out of Pierson,Fl aerodrome when I drop in from Kuwait to see my brother.

Just thinking out loud. I'm really set on an a/c wih range and payload and STOL like the Carbon EX. I have many questions about powerplant options and belly pods and Gross weight upgrades. It's been some time since I worked puddle jumpers and need info on this stuff. I go for max performance with utility capabiliity; that's what I'm talking about.

Another kit type I've noticed is more affordable but doesn't have the perrformance like the Carbon EX.
    It would make my day to start flying and be able to ck out places that a 4x4 goes to uh yeah that's where it's at\o/\o/\o/

Default Re: Carbon EX build

Hi, I would like to introduce myself, I'm Rob Huntington, GM of Zero Gravity Builders Studio http://www.ZeroGravityBuilders.com where we provide builder assistance for a wide range of aircraft. This may be a bit premature as we are in preliminary discussions with CubCrafters to become a "recommended" builder assistance center for the Carbon Cub EX. Everything looks positive and we are very excited as the aircraft is PHENOMENAL!

Perhaps one of our key advantages is that we are located approximately 70 miles southeast of CubCrafters at Richland, WA airport (KRLD) which allow us very close contact with the factory and favorable shipping of the kit to us. I would enjoy the opportunity to discuss helping you build a Carbon EX and would welcome an email from you to Rob@ZeroGravityBuilders.com.

Many thanks,

Rob Huntingon