Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stewarts Systems

Default Re: Stewarts Systems

Great red color! And the black contrast looks super!

Rick Bosshardt
    SunCountry Cubs
    CubCrafters Dealer for AZ/NM/UT/CO/southern WY
    www.suncountrycubs.com

The last coat of filler is on, a light sanding tomorrow then I will shoot a light coat of the white primer. Then it's colour on the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Primer is on. Colour tomorrow.

Got the red on last night. Black may happen tomorrow. It will be the last big spray which I look forward too.

Looks great Troy! You are making good time. I can't paint that fast!! There must not be any wait time between paint layers? With that polyurethane Ranthane I have to wait a week between coats for it to fully cross link. Sure slows things down!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubrath View Post
    Looks great Troy! You are making good time. I can't paint that fast!! There must not be any wait time between paint layers? With that polyurethane Ranthane I have to wait a week between coats for it to fully cross link. Sure slows things down!
    You need to wait 8 hours before top coating the echo fill and 4 hours for the eco prime. I wait a day and a half before masking the second colour coat but 24 hrs is lots. I usually wait longer than above for primers based on having to go to work which gives me 22hrs about between coats.

Default Stewarts Systems

Got it all masked and test fitted the stripes and registration marks. Shot the black down. So glad there is only small parts left. It seams I can do a better job on small parts. You really need to lay the paint down to get the best finish and sometimes you back off a bit on the side of caution when spraying large parts. It will soon be full of mud and rock chips so no need for one to be to hard on ones self.

Moved the fuse on the rotisserie Tuesday night, started spraying Wednesday night. Sunday we are done. That is fillers right through to colour. I pulled the masking 5 hours later. I am pleased with the results. Looking forward to the panel.

I did a bit of an experiment with the paint for the glare shield. I wanted a flat black finish but did not feel like buying some new paint just for this. I shot down a cover coat with no top coat until full colour saturation. Let it dry, scuffed it with scotch brite then shot two dry coats keeping the gun about 18" away. Here is what I got. A textured finish with little shine. I think it will work just fine. Both black was shot at the same time with two different techniques. Totally different results.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBranch View Post
    Here you go.

Attachment 5004
    Troy. I noticed you didn't do the standard "CC" stripes but are shorter. My design is also much the same but with an "Orange Crush" pin-up girl going on the cowl. (Note: I will change her direction to be facing forward on each side)

Orange Crush with fin logo.jpg

Orange Crush Pinup no circle.jpg

Talking with Mitch, the stripes they provide are too long (well, the shorter one might equal my long one). Did you just get your stripes done at the local vinyl shop (sign store)?

Thanks.