Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Cub 617MR

Default Re: Cub 617MR

You could reach from underneath and put a vise grip on the trix nut while someone tightens the screw. I had one spin and that's how I got it secured. If I ever remove the engine and boot cowl, I will replace with nut plates.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

Thanks guys. I hadn't thought about being able to get to them under the panel but i reached up there today and could "almost" get my hand to them. Pretty tight fit but some long nosed vice grips might just do the trick. Heck of a lot better than what I was thinking. Thanks again.

Do you have the G3X panel? If so I suggest removing it to gain good access to the bottom side of the trix nut. If the nut is on the left side, reaching underneath risks dropping the vise grip behind the interior panel and trying to retrieve it will make for a very bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by ceslaw View Post
    Do you have the G3X panel? If so I suggest removing it to gain good access to the bottom side of the trix nut. If the nut is on the left side, reaching underneath risks dropping the vise grip behind the interior panel and trying to retrieve it will make for a very bad day.
    Chuck, yes I have the G3X so will pull the display and give it a shot. The trix nut is about the 4th from center, so should be clear of that side interior panel. Thanks for the heads up!