Thread: Costs involved with building

Default Costs involved with building

The individual kit prices seem reasonable but roughly how much did the plane end up costing you from kit to airborne?
    Last edited by avflyer; 08-18-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Default Re: Costs involved with building

Hi Avflyer,

The kit is fairly comprehensive, so parts and materials are pretty much all-inclusive. I might let a couple of the builders chime in with start-up costs in terms of tooling and shop materials.

I will be headed up to Greenville for the Splash-In in September with a factory demo EX. Happy to stop in if you'd like to see a Carbon Cub up close and personal (assuming you haven't)

Clay Hammond
    NorthEast Dealer
    SWT Aviation - CubCrafters
    854-750-0962

I honestly have not kept track of the costs during my build. I can say the the biggest expense outside of the kit was paint, mainly because I had a pro spray the top coat, got too cold to spray in an unheated hangar and paint is outside my comfort zone. Other than that, simple hand tools and a bunch of clamps.

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

Quote Originally Posted by N867SP View Post
    I honestly have not kept track of the costs during my build. I can say the the biggest expense outside of the kit was paint, mainly because I had a pro spray the top coat, got too cold to spray in an unheated hangar and paint is outside my comfort zone. Other than that, simple hand tools and a bunch of clamps.

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    totally worth the price to buy cherry rivet puller & buy or build rotators. I plan to sell both after I'm finished. Never have had enough tools so I seem to buy something new every day or two.