Thread: Newbie with a question

Default Newbie with a question

I love the Cubcrafter line of aircraft. For those of you who have built a plane. Is a Carbon Cub a reasonable plane to build for a 1st time builder.

Thank you

Default Re: Newbie with a question

Welcome to the forum! The short answer to your question is yes. The kit is extremely complete and well laid out. The manual is great and the support is even better. Spend some time searching the forum and you will find answers to most of your questions. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Mike

I have built 4 other aircraft before starting the EX2. I am only a week in but so far it is the easiest build so far. With just a week in both wings are about 1/3 finished. It is straight forward, fun and very well planned. The quality is the best yet as well. Even all the hardware is sorted in bins. This is a huge touch. I know of no better first build project.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBranch View Post
    I have built 4 other aircraft before starting the EX2. I am only a week in but so far it is the easiest build so far. With just a week in both wings are about 1/3 finished. It is straight forward, fun and very well planned. The quality is the best yet as well. Even all the hardware is sorted in bins. This is a huge touch. I know of no better first build project.
    Troy,
    Welcome to the club, our Highlanders were fun airplane but the Carbon is the most fun and impressive of all and there is no nicer kit to build. I'm sure you'll be in the air in no time.
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

Hello avflyer,

I'm new here as well and thought about asking the same question, so thank you on my behalf. I built a motorcycle once from the frame up and it still runs...but never an airplane.

I have been lurking around in the Carbon Cub EX (kit) section, and I really enjoyed the following two threads:

http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/sho...t-Arrived-quot
    http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/sho...n-s-Build-Tips

I thought they were helpful if you haven't by chance seen those two. Both were eye opening yet they are different enough to not be repeats of each other. It was inspiring to watch the parts turn into planes, and follow the dates as the next updates were posted giving a sense of each project's build time.

...I actually did go out and eyeball my garage as a potential build hangar after reading a few of those threads...

Good luck,

Larry.

I also measured my garage which if I took the boat out would have more than enough room to build a plane and put in a cot for me to sleep on when my wife notices the giant crate with my future plane in it.

Quote Originally Posted by twoeleven View Post
    Hello avflyer,

I'm new here as well and thought about asking the same question, so thank you on my behalf. I built a motorcycle once from the frame up and it still runs...but never an airplane.

I have been lurking around in the Carbon Cub EX (kit) section, and I really enjoyed the following two threads:

http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/sho...t-Arrived-quot
    http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/sho...n-s-Build-Tips

I thought they were helpful if you haven't by chance seen those two. Both were eye opening yet they are different enough to not be repeats of each other. It was inspiring to watch the parts turn into planes, and follow the dates as the next updates were posted giving a sense of each project's build time.

...I actually did go out and eyeball my garage as a potential build hangar after reading a few of those threads...

Good luck,

Larry.