Thread: Headsets For Women

Default Headsets For Women

Has anyone know of an ANC headset that fits a lady's head better than the standard Bose or Zulu?

Post Re: Headsets For Women

I use a David Clark H10-13Y headset, a youth size version of the H10-13.4. I've used it to fly Cessna's and the Sport Cub and the noise level isn't bad at all. It's priced in the $300 neighborhood, and it's nice not having a battery to change out every few flights!
    [FONT=arial][B][COLOR=#0000ff]Victoria Schmidt
    [/COLOR][/B][/FONT][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]Publications & Graphic Design[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial][U][FONT=arial][EMAIL="victoria.schmidt@cubcrafters.com"][COLOR=#0000ff]victoria.schmidt@cubcrafters.com[/COLOR][/EMAIL][/FONT][/U][/FONT]

Default Re: Headsets For Women

I have used the original Lightspeed Zulu (ship powered version, no batteries) and asked them about the fit for smaller people at OSH a few years ago. They gave me a much taller top pad for it that just clips in place which puts the band of the headset higher up above their head. Works for some people and if you ask nicely they may give you one. It is easy to swap back and forth, not tools required.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Default Re: Headsets For Women

My wife and I both fly and we have Bose A20's. She and I have been very happy with them. It is a great quality headset and in our opinion, they are the best noise cancelling headsets out there. We tried all of the major brands out and they were the product we decided to go with. I have a big head and they fit quite comfortably and she has a much smaller head than I and she says they fit very nicely.
    Max Platts
    Builder Assist Program Coordinator
    CubCrafters