Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Cub SS On Floats Beats Water Champ

Default Re: Carbon Cub SS On Floats Beats Water Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Congrats to Gary Lickle and Cubcrafters for winning the Short Water Contest at Sun N Fun!!!!

See: http://light-sport-hangar-flyin.blogspot.com/ for details!
    Great job Gary, Can I ask when you ordered your floats and how long it took to get them or was your plane an amphib package? I have a set on order and can't wait to get them but I only have 90 hp but flew in the texas cub in Greenville Maine and was impressed how good the floats performed with an 0-200 can't imagine your plane with them. Thanks Douten

Quote Originally Posted by douten View Post
    Great job Gary, Can I ask when you ordered your floats and how long it took to get them or was your plane an amphib package? I have a set on order and can't wait to get them but I only have 90 hp but flew in the texas cub in Greenville Maine and was impressed how good the floats performed with an 0-200 can't imagine your plane with them. Thanks Douten
    Joe Birkmeyer at Bauman Floats had a set on hand so he was ready to install them and I flew the plane to New Richmond Wisconsin with my wheels on and 2 weeks alter returned and she was on the Amphibs. They were great and did a very excellent job installing them. So that said call Joe and ask re lead time as your will be different I am sure unless he has set already built for you type. Regards Gary

We (CubCrafters) bought four sets knowing that Baumann can have long lead times. Three sets are sold, including the set to Gary, so we have one set left. They are sitting at Baumann waiting to be painted in the customer's color of choice.

Also, if you'd be interested in a set of Baumann straight floats, we have a set here at CubCrafters that we'd make you a deal on. Just give me a ring if you would like to discuss, 509-248-9491.
    Randy Lervold

Hi Randy, I'm not interested in straight floats as I already have EDO 1320's My question was when the floats were ordered and the expected lead time. When did you (Cubcrafters) place your order and how long did or will it take to build a set? I am on the list and chomping at the bit to get a set as the ice has been out here in Maine for better than a month, I know there is a lot of work involved in building floats and the struts, retract system ect. so wondering if I will recieve a set this summer early or late. I'm sure with the performace of the Carbon cub the orders are probaly streaming in. ( the lower Hp cub will be no slouch on the floats as was the Texas Cub by another manufacture). Thanks Douten

Douten, we ordered them in December or January. If you have a set on order then stay in touch with Joe Birkemeyer. Like any company, their backlog varies and I have no idea what it is right now.
    Randy Lervold

Randy, Thanks for the information that really helps with figuring out where I am in the line for my floats, you have been a great help so hopefully mine will be coming in short order, Who Knows somedday I may end up with a CC SS. Thanks Douten

Does anyone know the takeoff distance that won the water contest? What propeller was used? thanks, Royce amphib N709W

Congrats, good job. Will we be seeing a carbon cub at greenville? There are a few cubs up there that get out within a length of the floats with a little wind.

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyroyce View Post
    Does anyone know the takeoff distance that won the water contest? What propeller was used? thanks, Royce amphib N709W
    Nobody seems to be tracking distances, kind of hard to do on the water. Gary was running a Catto 78x54" and it seemed well suited to the float application.
    Randy Lervold

how did they determine who won? I seem to be able to get off in about 150 ft solo full fuel at 2200 ft. Mc cauley prop. just curious. thanks, Royce