Thread: Hello! New Guy here

Default Hello! New Guy here

Hello Folks!
    Wanted to say hello and hopefully find someone close to my AO, I am looking at building a CCEX and was hoping to possibly visit someone with a kit.
    I am in SE PA but am happy to travel! I am not new to kits I built and flew a RV-8 but have decided I want the fun of low and slow and off airport operations.
    Thanks again!!
    Kirk G

Default Re: Hello! New Guy here

Am on the other side of the state, NE of Pittsburgh, oh the Ohio line. One done and painting the second. Happy to have you.

Hey Kirk, I had the same thing in mind...building a 7A...until I got a ride in a Sport cub. 3 years later I'm having the best time of my flying career in my CCEX. And the build was entirely enjoyable from start to wheels up. I'm based at KFFZ in Arizona so we won't likely cross paths right away unless you're heading to Oshkosh. In the meantime I'd be happy to visit on the phone anytime.

Paul
    CCEX
    N224Y

Thank You fellas!!
    I am still in the saving gearing up stage but I would love the chance to stop sometime this summer and say hello TC
    Thanks Paul! Maybe a flyin in the future!!
    appreciate the responses!
    All The Best
    Kirk

Hi Kirk,

Looking forward to seeing you at Sentimental Journey this week! Not sure how weather will be though...? If we can't rendezvous then I'll make a trip down as soon as weather improves. No worries, I have some other visits to make down that way as well.

Hi Kirk!

Glad to see you on the forums! There is a tremendous amount of knowledge about the Carbon Cub EX available from all of the contributors on this forum.

If you have any questions about the kit, please don't hesitate to give us a call at the factory and we would be very happy to hear from you.

Again welcome to the CubCrafters forum!

-Max
    Max Platts
    Builder Assist Program Coordinator
    CubCrafters

Quote Originally Posted by P90XKirk View Post
    Hello Folks!
    Wanted to say hello and hopefully find someone close to my AO, I am looking at building a CCEX and was hoping to possibly visit someone with a kit.
    I am in SE PA but am happy to travel! I am not new to kits I built and flew a RV-8 but have decided I want the fun of low and slow and off airport operations.
    Thanks again!!
    Kirk G
    Hi Kirk,

Let me add my welcome to you as well, especially since I'm also an RV-8 builder (www.rv-8.com). You have several resources available to you as you to your research and figure out if a Carbon Cub EX is the right next build for you or not...

1. Your local dealer (Clay Hammond in this case), has been fully trained in all aspects of the kit, and since they fly the plane regularly can provide a demo flight and lots of advice on it's flight characteristics. Further, they can help connect you with other local builders or owners.
    2. The forums -- we are one of the few companies that actually encourage factory staff to monitor our forums and participate.
    3. Tech support -- once you start a build we have factory tech support in the form of Mitch Travis. Mitch knows the kit inside and out and of course monitors the forums daily.

Again, welcome, and if you decide to build we look forward to seeing your progress here in the forums!
    Randy Lervold