Thread: Dynon Skyview Users

Default Dynon Skyview Users

Got a question for those using the Dynon Skyview and the red fuel flow cube. What numeric setting have pilots been using for the fuel flow calibration on the latest carb configuration of the CC340.
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

Default Re: Dynon Skyview Users

Quote Originally Posted by stede52 View Post
    Got a question for those using the Dynon Skyview and the red fuel flow cube. What numeric setting have pilots been using for the fuel flow calibration on the latest carb configuration of the CC340.
    Steve, I think you will find the red cube is designed for low wing aircraft with a fuel pump. The Gold cube is designed for high wing with gravity flow, I found this out when doing the fuel flow test, I couldn't get sufficient flow through the red cube, from memory the red cube gave about 17 gph and the Gold 24 gph this is the correct number for the 340 which is rated at 16 gph at full throttle take off power, so fuel flow T full power 16 gph plus 50% is 24 gph which is the required safety margin.

The K factor for the red is 680, and the gold is 338
    Regards Bruce

Steve, just within the past couple of weeks, my "red cube" failed, and I lost the indications on my Dynon Touch screen. The system was installed at the factory by Robert, in Stan's shop. The failure came at 51.1 TT on my plane, serial number 317. Dynon was responsive working with me, and sent a new red cube, with the guarantee that I return the original. Dynon doesn't build the cube, it's made by EI International, and Jegg Glab at the factory was outstanding working with my maintenance guys first to trouble shoot the wiring harness, and to get the new cube installed. The repair appears to be working perfectly. I agree with Bruce with the settings of 680 on the red cube, which is what the written directions state. My Dynon showed 68000 on the original factory set up, and I left that in the box for the replacement cube. I will say that with the new plane, I've assumed the setting was correct, with the indications "my normal", not knowing any different. The telling indication was that on refueling, my Dynon fuel counter has never been more than .2 tenths of a gallon off. From that I have to assume that the "red cube" is giving reasonable indications to the system display screen. Good luck with your settings, and I can attest that my system so far has been outstanding, with the Dynon trouble shooters willing to talk you through any issues.
    Don Simmons, N2DS

Thanks for the responses. Bruce, the high/low wing thing is new to me. I've only used the red cube on my high wing aircraft because the flow rate for it is .05-70 gph where the gold is 2-125 gph. I think I've seen CubCrafters use both on there aircraft in the factory so it probably doesn't make much difference as long as the K-factor is correct.
    Don, On my other Highlanders I always needed to adjust the K-Factor slightly to get the best results but maybe on the CC340 the 680 is the right number. I've just flown my 10 hours of break in time and now I'll be checking the fuel flow to confirm the 680 is a good number. I was just curious if anyone had made changes to that number based on their experience.

Thanks again for the responses.
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

Anyone familiar with Dynon Skyview know if the Lycoming 4 cyl EMSKIT-L4F Engine Kit is compatible with the Titan CC340 Engine?

• EMSKIT-L4F, Lycoming/Continental, ULPower, 4 Cylinder, Fuel Injected

http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/Sk...ngineKits.html

Quote Originally Posted by karaka29211 View Post
    Anyone familiar with Dynon Skyview know if the Lycoming 4 cyl EMSKIT-L4F Engine Kit is compatible with the Titan CC340 Engine?

• EMSKIT-L4F, Lycoming/Continental, ULPower, 4 Cylinder, Fuel Injected

http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/Sk...ngineKits.html
    You want to use the -L4C, the L4F is used on fuel injected engines
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

Quote Originally Posted by stede52 View Post
    You want to use the -L4C, the L4F is used on fuel injected engines
    Thanks, looking at the Titan CC340 website, it has the apparent option of Carb/Injection

http://www.titanengine.com/pdf/Titan_RackCard_340.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by karaka29211 View Post
    Thanks, looking at the Titan CC340 website, it has the apparent option of Carb/Injection

http://www.titanengine.com/pdf/Titan_RackCard_340.pdf
    Yes they do, I actually used the L4F kit on my UL Power engine in my Highlander.
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA