Thread: Garmin G3X?

Default Garmin G3X?

Do anyone know if CubCrafters intends to offer Garmin's G3X? Seems it might be simpler/lighter than the "Executive GLASS Panel" they offer.

Default Re: Garmin G3X?

Quote Originally Posted by igofly View Post
    Do anyone know if CubCrafters intends to offer Garmin's G3X? Seems it might be simpler/lighter than the "Executive GLASS Panel" they offer.
    We evaluated the G3X and other new EFIS introductions in January for a possible mid-year panel refresh but decided to stay with our existing Executive Glass option. You'd need a two screen G3X solution in order to approach the data presented by the D180 / GDU375 in which case there would be no room for the radio and xpndr. Also, we feel that the functions and data presentation of our current Executive Glass is actually better.

Feel free to give me a ring for further conversation on this if you like.
    Randy Lervold

Quote Originally Posted by randylervold View Post
    We evaluated the G3X and other new EFIS introductions in January for a possible mid-year panel refresh but decided to stay with our existing Executive Glass option. You'd need a two screen G3X solution in order to approach the data presented by the D180 / GDU375 in which case there would be no room for the radio and xpndr. Also, we feel that the functions and data presentation of our current Executive Glass is actually better.

Feel free to give me a ring for further conversation on this if you like.
    Randy, as you recall I was one of the folks pushing for the G3X in CC. Now that I have the facts, it is clear you have made the right call. I really like Garmin equipment and would have preferred a full Garmin panel. But Garmin needs to find a way to incorporate COM and transponder functionality into the G3X system. It could be done with remote boxes.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

At some point down the road would you consider a Dynon Skyview system. It seems it would do everything
    the executive glass panel does plus less weight.