Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flew My Carbon Cub Over 1000 Miles Today

Default Re: Flew My Carbon Cub Over 1000 Miles Today

Quote Originally Posted by davidmorris View Post
    I appreciate the excellent customer service. This started last Tuesday night as soon as I entered my Motel room. To my surprise there was a gift basket from CubCrafters waiting for me with all kinds of goodies. The 1st class service continued the next morning with Jeff Glab. As busy as everyone at CubCrafters was I was treated as if their very existence depended on my satisfaction. Thats the way it should be! I had an opportunity to talk to CEO Jim Richardson as well as President Randy Lervold. Randy and I talked in detail about engine break in and what I should expect on the way home. He nailed it!

Great job to ALL at CubCrafters for building my second most excellent Carbon Cub!

David Morris
    Somerset, KY.
    Thanks for the feedback David, we really do understand that although the aircraft itself is important, that's not enough, it's about the entire ownership experience.

Sounds like a textbook trip, and that you adhered to the engine break-in regimen, good job!
    Randy Lervold

I'd like to echo David Morris' comments about the delivery process in Yakima. It's very thoughtfully organized and a pleasure to experience. My wife came along for the delivery and enjoyed it as much as I did. The amenities like the gift basket in the hotel room and the loaner car are a nice touch and put you in a good frame of mind for the next day. Jeff Glab's introduction to the airplane and tour of the facilities is first rate. (A couple of years ago I observed a delivery/acceptance transaction for a multi-million dollar business aircraft. Those folks should follow Jeff around for a couple of days to see how it's done right!) I was impressed, as David was, with the willingness of everyone we encountered at Cubcrafters to pause for a minute or so to answer our questions about his or her role in producing the aircraft and getting it ready for us to fly home.

If you can arrange it, do it!
    Bill Gillen
    Madison, WI

I've been ask to post my route from Yakima to Kentucky. Attached is a picture of the route I took with my stops. The only overnight was at KRAP Rapid City South Dakota. I never got higher than 9500 ft. The only reason I went that high for most of the first day was to take advantage of 30-45 mph tailwinds. Couldn't have ask for a better flight. Clear skies, tailwinds and smooth air most of the way. The rest was comfortably manageable with onboard weather.

Route:

Day one KYKM Yakima, WA. to S83 Shoshone County Kellogg, ID. to KBZN Bozeman, MT. to KSHR Sheridian County Sheridian, WY. to KRAP Rapid City, SD. OVERNIGHT.

Day two KRAP to Y03 Springfield Municipal Springfield, SD to KCSQ Creston Municipal Creston, IA. to 3LF Litchfield, IL. to KSME Somerset, KY.

David Morris
    Somerset, KY.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Picking up my new Carbon Cub in Aug; can't wait to make the trip back home to WV!

It's been almost 11 months since I picked up my 2nd. Carbon Cub at the factory. Flew it 800 miles the first day and 1050 miles the second on my journey home to Kentucky. As I plan for my first annual I realized I have not had one squawk in approx. 90 hours of flying. Amazing airplane!

David Morris
    Somerset, KY.