Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sport cub xp

Default Re: Sport cub xp

Quote Originally Posted by ncshp View Post
    I am one of the two people that took Chuck's advise on the XP mod engine upgrade. (completed in April 2015) I ran the 72x43 Catto prop for the first ten hours after the mod. & then as the engine loosened up it started going over redline. I put the Catto 76x42 prop on and cut 35 feet off take off and gained 200ft/minute in climb. (26in ABW) The 76x42 is a great match and very smooth prop. Turn 2400rpm on climb out @ 68mph & 2675 straight & level flight. Also running a C-85 cam that gives more torque from 2250 to 2450rpm
    I'm the other having had Don Sword do his voodoo to my 0200, it works! Chuck based on our conversation (29 verses 31) I was concerned about the brakes holding during run-up but it's not an issue, I'll just stay on top of brake pad condition. I chose the 31's based on many comments in the Super Cub Forum which seemed to be greatly in favor of 31's. Remember, they are all just opinions and we all know about opinions and something else, they all stink. Beyond that I can only compare to the 8:50's which it had on when I bought it, other than it wanting to fly sooner due to the increased wing angle there was little difference on take-off. How bad is that? Yes I hear it coming, weight penalty and cost, well I gave up Ben & Jerry's last year, the $ savings are paying for them and I lost 15 pounds!
    Under most conditions I use Randy's 2-notch flap method, it too works. At some point I'll play with the numbers and report them but for now that seems a little to much like work. I just want to take-off and land, and it does that amazingly well!
    623CB.jpg

Senior Member Warren Aircraft LLC's Avatar

Cool Glenn glad to see you having fun.
    Scot Warren - Member / President
    Warren Aircraft™ LLC
    940-367-0929
    scot@warrenaircraft.com
    www.warrenaircraft.com

Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, & Louisiana

Smile Re: Sport cub xp

Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    I'm the other having had Don Sword do his voodoo to my 0200, it works! Chuck based on our conversation (29 verses 31) I was concerned about the brakes holding during run-up but it's not an issue, I'll just stay on top of brake pad condition. I chose the 31's based on many comments in the Super Cub Forum which seemed to be greatly in favor of 31's. Remember, they are all just opinions and we all know about opinions and something else, they all stink. Beyond that I can only compare to the 8:50's which it had on when I bought it, other than it wanting to fly sooner due to the increased wing angle there was little difference on take-off. How bad is that? Yes I hear it coming, weight penalty and cost, well I gave up Ben & Jerry's last year, the $ savings are paying for them and I lost 15 pounds!
    Under most conditions I use Randy's 2-notch flap method, it too works. At some point I'll play with the numbers and report them but for now that seems a little to much like work. I just want to take-off and land, and it does that amazingly well!
    623CB.jpg
    That's pretty cool looking Glenn!
    Jon

Glen,
    Did you get the metal leading edge on your Catto?

Quote Originally Posted by cityrancher View Post
    Glen,
    Did you get the metal leading edge on your Catto?
    Yes, I think nickel from the tip to about half way back.

Glenn
    That looks Cooool!😎 Now you just need to retire so you can use those things.
    Chuck
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

623CB.jpg

Hi Glenn,
    Your plane looks great we need to get together again soon.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by txcub View Post
    Yes, gotta see the pics of it on 31"!!!!

Jon
    Jon,I did go with the ABW’s even though they are heavier. 99% of the time I’m alone so a little extra weight is of no perceivable consequence. I am truly amazed at how quickly it wants to fly, even as our temps rise.
    I am careful to keep it low allowing some speed to build, ( this is one of those Carbon Cub need not worry areas ) at times the ASI is barley at 20 mph. I have been playing with Randy’s 2 notch flap method which I was at first hesitant to try thinking it might be more suitable to you 180 horse guys but with the extra 20hp, change in AOA as a result of the tires and this prop it really works. Add a little wind and it happens so fast I’m inclined to hold it down a little longer thinking I’m just not ready. Having flown a Carbon Cub a few hours before purchasing your S2 and making these changes I am realistic in what it is not but I sure love what it is!

Glenn 40M

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph206 View Post
    Hi Glenn,
    Your plane looks great we need to get together again soon.
    Joe
    Joe,
    Glenn usually sends me a text of up coming weekend events but now that he's on floats I probably won't hear much from him until ski season.

Glenn 40M

Joe,
    Glenn usually sends me a text of up coming weekend events but now that he's on floats I probably won't hear much from him until ski season.

Glenn 40M
    Don't worry your not alone, I am on my own also, he goes on floats and forgets his friends.