Thread: CC340 with Fuel Injection and CS prop?

Default CC340 with Fuel Injection and CS prop?

I'm looking at options for my engine and was wondering how much thought has been put into using the CC340 engine with the EFII system and the CS prop that Randy is using on his amphib? Is this a possible combination?

I'm a novice builder and was thinking this would be a great way to lose the carburetor and gain a CS prop with minimal changes. I live in Minnesota and plan to put my EX on skis and floats. Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Gregg
    Carbon Cub EX CCK-1865-0092

Default Re: CC340 with Fuel Injection and CS prop?

Hi Gregg,
    The EFII configuration is a great setup and I have it on the RV-7 that I'm currently building and I'm definitely going to use it again when I build a CC-EX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: CC340 with Fuel Injection and CS prop?

has anyone looked at putting one of Kevin Eldredge 409's on cc? if they change the rules on 3rd class medical I might consider going away from light sport.

Post Re: CC340 with Fuel Injection and CS prop?

Quote Originally Posted by lbell View Post
    has anyone looked at putting one of Kevin Eldredge 409's on cc? if they change the rules on 3rd class medical I might consider going away from light sport.
    I looked at it a little bit and then noticed that there seems to be diminishing returns as you add horsepower to a Super Cub. The Cubs with the 540 don't seem to perform much better than a Carbon Cub with the CC340.

The 375 Carbon Cub seemed to really gain performance with the CS prop. That's why I was looking that direction. I've also been taking the stickers off as I build, so that should offset the extra weight of the prop.
    Carbon Cub EX CCK-1865-0092