Thread: MoonTwon Alabama

Default MoonTown Alabama

Had a fun surprise on my 1300 mile home trek with my newly outfitted Baumann Amphib Carbon Cub. Thanks to a suggestion by Kenny Cobb a pal from Guntersville AL, we stopped by Moontown Alabama Sunday am for an EAA breakfast and shortly after touch down, a kissing cousin S2 landed and it was Ken Austin from Georgia. I had met Ken in September 2007 when he was picking up his S2 at the factory to fly it back to Georgia. It was a nice catch up and a terrific grass strip fly in spot for Sunday breakfast with good folk and food and lots of hangar talk. These Cubs are the BEST! Gary
    Last edited by glickle; 04-01-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: MoonTwon Alabama

Moontown is one of the best little grass strips you'll ever find. Marla and I are through there every once in a while, her mom is buried just up the road in Gurley. Moontown's fly-ins throughout the year are always well attended. Gas station across highway used to sell sandwiches. I assume they still do.

Default Re: MoonTwon Alabama

I was SHOCKED to see N711 at Moontown on floats!! Enjoyed seeing Gary and his big bird. The fly-in was on Sat AM and they have it every 3rd Sat. Clay, Peach State is even better in my opinion.
    Ken