Thread: EX-3 Fabric Rivets

Default EX-3 Fabric Rivets

Hello Folks,

I have never used a fabric rivet, heck I haven't ever seen one. Some of the location instructions for drilling fabric rivet holes that need to be added at the very end of the wing construction manual are confusing. Some things are damn difficult to describe with words.

What happens once I've covered the wing and I realize I was missing a fabric rivet hole? Can you drill a hole through the fabric/rib and pop in a rivet?

Thanks,
    -Lee

Default Re: EX-3 Fabric Rivets

Lee.

Here is a link to a post that covers that. https://forum.cubcrafters.com/showth...ll=1#post21799

There are also links to videos there you can watch that will,also cover that.

yes you can drill out a missed rivet hole later after cover BUT….. be sure and get a vacuum cleaner nozzle on it as you drill to suck up those shavings or they will get down between the fabric and and the wing and hard to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouser View Post
    Hello Folks,

I have never used a fabric rivet, heck I haven't ever seen one. Some of the location instructions for drilling fabric rivet holes that need to be added at the very end of the wing construction manual are confusing. Some things are damn difficult to describe with words.

What happens once I've covered the wing and I realize I was missing a fabric rivet hole? Can you drill a hole through the fabric/rib and pop in a rivet?

Thanks,
    -Lee
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Default Re: EX-3 Fabric Rivets

Thanks Dave, you’re a huge help.