Thread: Tail Wheel Training

Default Tail Wheel Training

I had no tail wheel time before the delivery of my Carbon Cub this week. So Ben Hodges (California Cubs) has been working with me on my tail wheel endorsement.

Here is a video clip from my cockpit DVR in the Carbon Cub during training today at Oceano Airport on the Central Coast of California.

Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Default Re: Tail Wheel Training

Bob, welcome to the ranks of the tailwheel pilot! I think you'll find tailwheel flying to be both very satisfying once proficient and therefore quite fun. You've got a great instructor there and what appears to be ideal learning conditions so enjoy the process, and keep those feet movin!
    Randy Lervold

Hey Bob, great video! Looks like you are doing well with the TW! Hint: practice and practice some more in all wind conditions! It will give you great confidence! Get Ben to take you to the sand dunes, beaches and cliff climbing as in his videos!

We are finally having a great sunny weekend! Isn't life great!

Geo
    sport cub #6
    787AK
    www.couleeairservices.com

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
    I had no tail wheel time before the delivery of my Carbon Cub this week. So Ben Hodges (California Cubs) has been working with me on my tail wheel endorsement.

Here is a video clip from my cockpit DVR in the Carbon Cub during training today at Oceano Airport on the Central Coast of California.

Great stuff Bob Yahoo! and welcome. Looks like those dunes to the South are perfect for bush wheel work! Have fun. Bets Gary