As the CubCrafters Dealer in the Southwest, I have often received questions from my customers about why CubCrafters didn't cover the rudder cables all the way back on the extended baggage version of the Carbon Cub.

I don't know that I have the answer to that, although I suspect it was due to the quest to reduce weight when the plane was being designed, but I do have a possible solution for those that are interested!

Our service center in Phoenix, Lemac Aviation, who recently brought the very popular Baggage Compartment Fabric Liner to the Carbon Cub community (and which will be offered on the CubCrafters on-line store soon), have come up with an elegant carbon fiber solution for covering the rudder cables.

The covers will be molded out of carbon fiber, integrate seamlessly with the fabric baggage liner, and will be fastened to the side of the baggage compartment with 3M double sided tape.

Please see the renderings attached here.

They are trying to gauge interest in these covers, before they spend a bunch of money developing the molds, etc, so I am sending out a general request for feedback:

Would this be something you would want for your Carbon Cub? What should a set of these be reasonably priced at?

Thx! We will take the feedback and determine whether to proceed.

Rick

Installed Rudder Cable Covers.jpgRudder Cable Cover.jpg