Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: G3X Touch Panel Retrofit

Default Re: G3X Touch Panel Retrofit

Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

I finally got around to permanently install the 20A this weekend, and followed ceslaws' excellent recommendation.

http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/sho...ll=1#post14342

IMG_4278.jpg

I also extended the Canbus network to include the 20A, so it shows up on the LRU list and can receive future firmware updates.

Next up is to install the combo GPS/Com antenna on the turtle deck. I have a fiber glass turtle deck, so decided to order the aluminum replacement deck to get a prober antenna ground plane. In the meantime, the antenna is wirestrapped to the overhead steel struts

IMG_4521.jpg
    N80DB #119 E-LSA / G3X Touch

So, does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by ceslaw View Post
    So, does it work?
    Yep it works great. Got a passing FAA ADS-B test.

ADS-B ACR User's Guide (2-16-16).pdf

PCR_20160303_AADFD1_22113990.pdf
    N80DB #119 E-LSA / G3X Touch

The ADHARS looks pretty straight forward. It would seem that the magnetometer sensor and the pitot will be a bit more of a challenge. I will be interested in hearing how the lines are run through a completed wing, presumably through the existing access ports, and the new one you will be adding for the megnetometer.

I have put those goodies and lines in my wings, as detailed in a post on this site, but before fabric.

Keep us posted. Great project!

Chuck
    Chuck, can you post a link where you installed the pre-cover G3X items (magnetometer, pitot tubes, etc). I've searched and can't find it and about to get started on that myself and doesn't seem to be any manual instructions on it.

Dave:

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/sho...ll=1#post11263

When this was posted almost two years ago, Mitch provided me with the parts noted in the post in advance of the G3X and wiring harness. Diagrams were posted on drop box, as I recall.

Chuck

Dave:

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.cubcraftersforums.com/sho...ll=1#post11263

When this was posted almost two years ago, Mitch provided me with the parts noted in the post in advance of the G3X and wiring harness. Diagrams were posted on drop box, as I recall.

Chuck
    That's it thanks! I knew I had seen it before since I ordered and received those same map pockets. Yes, the Dropbox files did include one for the G3X but it doesn't really specify what goes in pre-cover vs. on finish. Looks like you just drilled the holes (but didn't mount??) the magnetometer bracket? The spars on the new kits do come pre-drilled but Mitch did send the bracket as part of the pre-cover so I wonder if perhaps they want to install it now?; installed the wire for they magnetometer; installed the 2 pitot tubes (I guess just long enough to connect to the pitot later when installed?) and bracket and installed the trim sensor and wire in the fuse.

Everything else is just installed on the finish right?

Dave

test fit the magnetometer, but then remove and set it aside. Final install after wings are covered and painted

Leave enough slack on the pitot tubes to connect to the pitot when it is installed after wings are mounted. They fit tight over the pitot and will be easier with a bit extra slack. Excess can always be trimmed.

be sure to mount the pitot tube bracket noting it sets flush with the fabric, not the bottom of the spar.

pitot bracket, pitot tubes, magnetometer test fitted and wire in place, and trim indicator installed, you should be ready to cover.

Dave

test fit the magnetometer, but then remove and set it aside. Final install after wings are covered and painted

Leave enough slack on the pitot tubes to connect to the pitot when it is installed after wings are mounted. They fit tight over the pitot and will be easier with a bit extra slack. Excess can always be trimmed.

be sure to mount the pitot tube bracket noting it sets flush with the fabric, not the bottom of the spar.

pitot bracket, pitot tubes, magnetometer test fitted and wire in place, and trim indicator installed, you should be ready to cover.
    Done. Thanks much! They don't ship the magnetometer now with the "pre-cover" kit, just the bracket. Mitch advised at this point to assemble the bracket completely (the 2 halves; mount ring on top) and be sure it fits OK but not to install it at this point and put in the wiring harness.