Been pondering getting an older Super Cub, or just plunging in for a new Top Cub. And while price is obviously a big factor, i figure that by the time I have roughly 75k into an older cub, fly it for a few years, then look at doing the mods I want to with new engine, full recover and any fixing of old worn out parts, I'd be really close to 175-200k by that point, with something that wouldn't quite have that resale, but I see used top cubs selling regularly in the 200+k region...maybe I am trying to justify buying new in my own head though...

One of the bigger questions that I have with either restoring an older Cub or buying a new Top Cub, would be the availability of the third seat. (maybe a used pa-14 will pop up) I know that it would not really be useable for an adult, but I have an 8 yr old daughter and a 4 month old, so It'd be nice to be able to throw both of them in there (obviously after my youngest is a bit older).

not interested in experimental, although I know there are lots of good options for an additional seat in that category; I want to stay certified for possible instruction in the aircraft following retirement from the Navy.

I see the option on the rebuild page of CubCrafters, but not even mentioned on the Top Cub page...makes me wonder why, maybe STC not available for new aircraft?

Thanks!

Jake