Thread: What do I need to paint my Carbon Cub?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: What do I need to paint my Carbon Cub?

Painted the PPG DUHS color and it is a very easy paint to work with. This was my first experience with the PPG and I was happy with the results. It is a two part paint and no reducer required. The first time I sprayed the paint I thought this is very bad. When the paint first goes on it is a little rough but if you give it a minute it will start to flow out and continue to flow for 24 hours. My color was the volcano red and after the first coat the paint got a molten effect, I was worried again. It looked like it was starting to crawl if that makes sense. However, after the second coat it covered nice and it tacks up quickly compared to the Ranthae that I was using. I found that I needed to put the paint on thicker than I was use to. The more paint you get on the better it flows. This would be a very friendly paint to a first time painter. If I was to put Ranthane on that thick it would be all over the floor!!

I also mixed up two much paint. I mixed 32 sprayable ounces and only used half that. It does have excellent covering power! At $1200 a gallon I hate to waste one drop much less 16 oz! Overall I am very happy with this paint. I will probably do my next airplane entirely in PPG!

MR
    Attached Images Attached Images