Thread: North East fun

Default Re: North East fun

My friend Jim finally got his Champ on skis and landed at my place this morning. We weren't going to go far so we flew up to Sport island pub to get Jim some ice time. As we were leaving we heard a plane and 4 CC and a Citabria fly by. The last CC yellow and silver breaks off and lands by us. I thought maybe Peter had made a copy of the keys of Jim Cs Cub, to my surprise Jim Crane jumps out. We left there and flew over to Like Desolation for pizza. Then poor Joe, Jeff Irwin and Paul in the Citabria land.
    The web cam was busy

Jim C had to take his cub and drop it off at Saratoga and drive back to Bangor Maine. I mentioned to Jeff and poor Joe that there was a vintage sled weinie roast just over the hill from my strip. So we went there

This hill is really steep and the kids and some dad's we cranking going down this

Wipeout

This kid was jumping over the top of these 20' trees and going over 100' before landing

Otsego

Glenn

Thank you to the Lady Jet Blue Capt who let my 5 yo granddaughter sit in her seat and spent a few minutes letting her play pilot. Made her first trip to Disney an even more exciting adventure.

Glenn

When we went to the weinie roast yesterday we first landed up on the hill, then we took back off and landed by the event lower down. Here is an awesome shot on poor Joe taking off

Glenn
    Last edited by Cubdriver2; 03-10-2019 at 05:24 PM.

I keep getting free stuff in the mail

jim

Bet he won the highest and farthest at the sled contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post
    When we went to the weinie roast yesterday we first landed up on the hill, then we took back off and landed by the event lower down. Here is an awesome shot on poor Joe taking off

Glenn

50F and sunny, nice ride without gloves or a coat

Chuck, if your coming up ski flying you better hurry

Glenn

I landed at one of my friends family dairy farm. Clinton Camp farm is where General Clinton camped his troops in 1779. Most don't know the history of the war in the Mohawk Valley and Tryon district. It lasted 5 years in this part of NYS. We forget how hard we fought for our freedoms. He's a link, old Osquego Creek trail run parallel to my runway
    http://www.schenectadyhistory.org/re...story/067.html
    Anyway, landed in hayfield by Clinton Camp saphouse and 50 acre sugerbush to see what was going on. Boys were out tapping trees, I was sad to see that a couple hundred year old tradition had come to an end, they we're switching over to tubing and not putting buckets out anymore. At one time the family had 1200 buckets out, but now with only 2 family members to work the sugerbush the era of sap buckets has come to an end.

Glenn
    Last edited by Cubdriver2; 03-17-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Got over a foot of snow last 24 hrs with 30+ mph winds. No flying but the boondocking on my sled is awesome again. I love this time of year, I hope winter last another month or more.

I had to stop and go get more gas

Glenn

I got the sled hill groomed for the grandkids tommorow

Glenn
    Last edited by Cubdriver2; 03-23-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Chuck, no CC, when you coming up to play. 45 today

Glenn