Thread: North East fun

Default Re: North East fun

Horner farm

Glenn

Another great SJ flyin. If you have never been you need to add it to your bucket list. Those of us in New England have one of the best playgrounds for year round flying fun. I have some midwest flying time and a little Alaska cub time and a lot in our NE sandbox. But, the valleys and hills of central Pennsylvania at this time of year when everything is as green as an Irish travel brochure is one of my favorite place to fly. Add to that the generous hospitality of local farmers and getting to fly and socialize with some great friends many whom you only get to see once a year makes SJ one of the greatest flying events of the year.
    I feel privileged to fly alongside such a great bunch of misfits ; -)

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post
    Another great SJ flyin. If you have never been you need to add it to your bucket list. Those of us in New England have one of the best playgrounds for year round flying fun. I have some midwest flying time and a little Alaska cub time and a lot in our NE sandbox. But, the valleys and hills of central Pennsylvania at this time of year when everything is as green as an Irish travel brochure is one of my favorite place to fly. Add to that the generous hospitality of local farmers and getting to fly and socialize with some great friends many whom you only get to see once a year makes SJ one of the greatest flying events of the year.
    I feel privileged to fly alongside such a great bunch of misfits ; -)

Glenn
    I’ll get there one of these years. Looks like a lot of fun.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Not much shaking on Sunday for me. Kids scattered doing their own kid stuff. Wife is doing her stuff today here and there. I am left to work on her front lawn pavillion project in the heat and humidity, or mess with the carbon cub.
    worked on the pavillion just long enough to say I had movement in the right direction, then its windows down to the Kennebec. Lots of gravel bars showing up South of Wyman dam.

this is the old standard, its a great spot to wade around in the river

I hit three or 4 more then decide to get some gas head home to pound some more nails before the wife returns and spy one more gravel beach, with about 8 girls waving at me. In bikinis. I figure they must in in distress and should stop and see
    this is pretty short beach, with about 100 ft good beach, a huge swelled up spot and 100 more feet. Well, it took me 4 passes to get the speed right and timing down, but I made it for rescue purposes.
    In the end, they were doing ok with one kayak dedicated to beer. party girls A few of them wanted pix taken, so sure sounds good. Mr pilot, do you want us with our tops up or down? oh my...
    the girls of 100 ft beach

Cool Re: North East fun

Quote Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
    Not much shaking on Sunday for me. Kids scattered doing their own kid stuff. Wife is doing her stuff today here and there. I am left to work on her front lawn pavillion project in the heat and humidity, or mess with the carbon cub.
    worked on the pavillion just long enough to say I had movement in the right direction, then its windows down to the Kennebec. Lots of gravel bars showing up South of Wyman dam.

I hit three or 4 more then decide to get some gas head home to pound some more nails before the wife returns and spy one more gravel beach, with about 8 girls waving at me. In bikinis. I figure they must in in distress and should stop and see
    this is pretty short beach, with about 100 ft good beach, a huge swelled up spot and 100 more feet. Well, it took me 4 passes to get the speed right and timing down, but I made it for rescue purposes.
    In the end, they were doing ok with one kayak dedicated to beer. party girls A few of them wanted pix taken, so sure sounds good. Mr pilot, do you want us with our tops up or down? oh my...

Go Gettum !!!!!!
    Mr. Jim,
    Master of the Skys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouter View Post

Some how I figure you saved that waypoint😂
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Glenn

Stopped at Dave's camp on Twitchell Lk. Nice ADK guide boat passed by

Beaver River

Stopped at Jeff's on Hinckley

Glenn

Calm evening, Stewart & John's Saphouse a n Wahlpol NH. Thursday cruise in

3 Cubs and a hell

Roger was happy to see us.

Chasing the sun the 121 miles home

Oh yeah, some kid showed up in an RV8 and got rid of all the Mosquitoes

Glenn
    Last edited by Cubdriver2; 07-13-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Dang, I wonder if we are going to have a short summer, corn maze in July

Darn headwind

Glenn