Thread: Replacement Throttle Knobs

Default Replacement Throttle Knobs

Throttle knobs

Ryan has now milled several Delrin knobs in two versions.

The first is drilled for a PTT switch. A quarter inch hole PTT switch, Aircraft Spruce part #11-03909, fits perfectly.

DSC_0360.jpg

The second is a knob without the holes for the PTT switch. It is a straight replacement for the stock round knob.

DSC_0361.jpg

The Delrin knobs are available at $45 each, plus $10 for postage and packaging per order.

Shortly Ryan will have several aluminum knobs powder coated satin black. They look really nice. They are available at $60 each, plus $10 for postage and packaging.

DSC_0240.jpg

Contact me at ceslaw@aol.com.

Default Re: Replacement Throttle Knobs

Ryan has now milled a half dozen Delrin and aluminum powder coated knobs in two versions. When these are gone I do not know when he will be able to make another batch. It turned out to be a rather time consuming project. Details and pictures on the prior post.

The Delrin knobs are available at $45 each, plus $10 for postage and packaging per order. The aluminum knobs are powder coated satin black. They are available at $60 each, plus $10 for postage and packaging

Be sure to specify whether it needs to be drilled for a PTT switch or plain. The plain knobs are a direct replacement for the little round ball that comes with the Cub for those that don't need a switch.

Contact me at ceslaw@aol.com. Put “Knobs” in the reference line of the E mail so I don’t miss it.

Throttle knobs

April 5, 2015

The knobs that Ryan had milled from aluminum and Delrin a couple of months ago are nearly gone, but he is willing to make another batch. We will be offering the aluminum bare rather than powder coated. These knobs are really time consuming to produce on a standard manual milling machine. Once we can determine the interest we can decide if another batch will be made.

DSC_0695.jpg

The first is drilled for a PTT switch. A quarter inch hole PTT switch, Aircraft Spruce part #11-03909, fits perfectly. The second is a knob without the holes for the PTT switch. It is a direct replacement for the stock round knob. Pictures appear on a prior post.

The Delrin knobs are available at $45 each, plus $10 for postage and packaging per order.

The aluminum knobs are bare aluminum, lightly polished. They add a nice bling to the cockpit. They are available at $50 each, plus $10 for postage and packaging.

Contact me at ceslaw@aol.com. Put “Knobs” in the reference line of the E mail so I don’t miss it.

Chuck
    Last edited by ceslaw; 04-07-2015 at 06:59 PM.

Throttle knobs, January 2, 2017

Ryan has made a fresh batch of the throttle knobs, both with and without the opening for the PTT switch. Now that we have about 75 hours on the Cub since August I can say that this little upgrade is very useful. The PTT switch on the knob is the one used almost all the time.

Ryan machined the knobs only in Delrin. When these are gone we probably won't be making any more since they are rather time consuming.

DSC_0263.jpg

The first is drilled for a PTT switch. A quarter inch hole PTT switch, Aircraft Spruce part #11-03909, fits perfectly. (Not included).

The second is a knob without the holes for the PTT switch. It is a direct replacement for the stock round knob.
    The Delrin knobs are available at $45 each, plus $10 for postage and packaging per order. I will include a parts list and photos with the order.