Thread: One low wing

Default One low wing

Hello Fellow Sport Cubbers,

My left wing tip is 4+ inches lower than the right wing tip when parked on level ground. I just purchased 4 new bungee shock cord rings (part number 1174). I am hoping that after they are installed my wings will be closer to level. Have any of you had this experience? Thanks, Tom.

Default Re: One low wing

The bungees should be pulled up tight when sitting on the ground. If you rock the wings and have someone look at the shock struts coming out of the bottom of the bungee covers you should be able to tell if they are pulled up tight or not. If they are up against the stops then changing the bungees won't do anything for you.

Pete D.

Bungee cords usually last for years and years. Check to see if the inner tube of shock strut isn't sticking in the fully extended position. Try lubing the inner tube with LPS-4 (?) or LPS-2, taking care not to get any fluid on the bungee cords. Then rock the plane hard to see if the bungees will pull shock strut to the closed position. DO NOT GET YOUR FINGERS ANYWHERE CLOSE TO AN EXTENDED SHOCK STRUT. If the bungees are fine and lubrication fixes the problem, the strut can and will snap closed with a vengeance.

I'm sure you've already checked this but thought I'd mention it. Tire pressure would need to be identical as well...slight differences will manifest themselves quite a bit on the tips, this is more dramatic the larger the tire size is as well.

Steve