Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Choose The Best Seat

Default Help Me Choose The Best Seat

I just sold #275 & I've ordered #376. I still have time to make changes if needed. So far I'm happy with all my choices. Executive Panel, Auto-Pilot, AOSS, 26" Airstreak's, 3200 Type Steerable Tailwheel, 1.5 Brakes, Extended Baggage, LED Lighting & Strobe Package, Right landing Light, etc., etc., etc. Color is still up in the air but that's probably going to be settled with a coin toss.

Other than the Tires and AOSS it's very similar to the Cub I just sold. I had leather seats, front and back, in #275 and was happy with them. I'm wondering if I'm making a mistake if I don't upgrade from the standard seats to something else. Would love to hear from some owners as to what seats you have and your thoughts.

David Morris

Rowe, NM; St. George Island, FL; Montgomery, AL

Default Re: Help Me Choose The Best Seat

I've got the Oregon Aero seats (don't even know if they are an option on a new airplane) but I love them (well, really it...the rear seat is pretty much what it is). The front seat is very nice to my butt. And I've put some time on both the dead stock seat and the Oregon Aero...

Jim

David, I also have the Oregon Aero seats, front & back, in my my CarbonCub #321. My wife, who occupies the rear seat 100% of the time, is very happy and I'm especially impressed with the comfort and support of the Oregon Aero fabric option. I was very much opposed to leather. We have leather in our other airplane and other than looking good they are just plain hot & sticky most of the time. We live in W. TN, similar to your weather, so you know what I'm talking about. Obviously, my opinion only. Bottom line, I would order the Oregon Aero fabric seats again. Enjoy your new CarbonCub!

That's easy. Oregon Aero. Only way to go -- fabric or leather, your choice.
    Your butt and those of your passengers will forever express their enduring appreciation.

I disagree with you John, but my size might have a lot to do with it. I am 6'5", 240 lbs., and I find the standard seat (nylon) to be the most comfortable seat we offer. I find the Oregon Aero seat is a bit too "reclined" to be comfortable. That being said, most of my "normal sized" customers seem to opt for the OA seats, and they love them. Personal choice.

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

I had the stock seats in my first 2 EXs and Oregon Aero in the 3rd one I can't tell the difference, so for that much money if I were to build another I would buy the stock seat.
    EV

The Villages, FL (06FD, Grass Roots Airpark)

I am also not a big fan of the Oregon Aero seats. Sitting position was not satisfactory for reaching the control stick (a few degrees too much recline for me). I did not find that the OA seats were any more comfortable than the std nylon CubCrafters seat.

However, it is all subjective so decide on what works for you. I personally don't see the value.

JM
    John Moreland
    SWT Aviation
    CubCrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Central Florida

David
    I put about 100hrs on a PA11 with Oregon Aero seat before I took them out ,I found that after about an hour the foam just kept compressing and I was sitting on the solid metal bottom of seat. I put over 400 hrs on a Sport Cub in a year in half with leather seats and loved them. Bought a Carbon Cub with cloths seats the second I got home I pulled them out and swapped with my S2 leather seats . I found the cloth seat very uncomfortable to me. I took the rear cushion out replaced with Oregon Areo 1" cushion in the back for my wife. I have put close to 300 hrs on my Carbon Cub in less than a year so I sit in it a lot. So I have close to 700 hrs on my seat now and it still looks new so they hold up well. So I would go for the leather if I were ordering one. I live in S.Florida, Hot & Humid never found the leather to be an issued. I also Fly a Husky with Oregon Aero we ended up putting a regular cushion on top of it,so I'm just not a big fan of Oregon Aero as the main seat. I would have to find somebody with them and put a couple hours in it if I were considering Oregon Areo.
    My 2 cents
    Chuck

I had stock seats in SN123 and ordered the same with my new one (SN353) which I pick up in a few weeks. I think the Oregon seats get too compressed over time and the stock seat's fabric is much more durable... Leather looks worn after a while...

David

Did you order the 3x3 gear? I would and recommend the heavy duty rear tail spring too.