Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Me Choose The Best Seat

Default Re: Help Me Choose The Best Seat

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    David

Did you order the 3x3 gear? I would and recommend the heavy duty rear tail spring too.
    Rich,

I did not order the 3x3. I appreciate your comments and would lik to hear others thoughts regarding 3x3.

David Morris

This is a good example of the value of a factory visit. My wife and I went to Yakama to finalize some selections for our new plane (#335) a few months before it was completed. We had the opportunity to actually sit in the different types of seating and the Oregon Aero seats were the obvious choice for us for both the front and back seats. The trip also has very helpful to finalize paint color schemes and accessory selections.
    The people at the factory were very helpful, even to the point of elevating the tail to simulate level flight when we were testing the seating choices.
    Go if you can - you will find it very worthwhile.
    Duane Frederiksen
    Carbon Cub 335

I have a SC with 3x3 gear and so does my new CC. One of the best mods you can have if you land on rough stuff. Has saved by butt.

In my EX I have the standard-issue seat and put an Oregon Aero seat cushion on top of it. I have better visibility over the cowl now on the ground and the benefits of the Oregon Aero comfort. And they make this cushion with a stick cutout too.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Still undecided on seats but I did deliver my beautiful 2013 Carbon Cub #275 with leather seats to it's new owner on Sunday. The flight from Somerset, KY. to Dallas took just over 8 hours flying time. Had no less than a 10 mph headwind and 15-25 mph most of the way. I think this was the second or third most time I've ever flown a plane in one day. I've owned 9 aircraft, mostly 6 passenger travel planes, and all but one had leather seats. That's why I ordered leather seats in #275.

Although I've never felt uncomfortable in the Cub I was a little concerned about making such a long flight in one day. I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable the standard leather seat was over several hours. I think my decision for #376 has been narrowed down to standard leather or OA leather.

David Morris
    Last edited by davidmorris; 01-20-2015 at 06:06 PM.