Thread: Titan Engines Starts ASTM cerification testing of new R Series IOX-R360....

Default Titan Engines Starts ASTM cerification testing of new R Series IOX-R360....

Hello everyone,

I know I have been slack updating ya'll but I have been quite busy building and testing engines. I thought it might be of particular interest to show off some photos and information about a project we are working on. Part of the reason I came to ECi to set up their experimental engine company "Titan" was to prepare and test some new technology my partner and I have been developing to convert standard Lycoming engines. While I have been testing, racing, and basically thrashing our R Series engines and cylinders we are just now starting our first real certification test of all our R Series components on a R360 engine.
    Here is our family of R Series, Silver R360, Red R409, and Blue R540

ASTM R360 made a solid 208hp @2750 rpm, and 222hp @3050 rpm. This engine came in under 250lbs as you see it here.

This shot shows our lightweight oil sump, pressure recovery induction plenum, magnesium accessory case with integrated oil filter adapter, and AFP-150 light fuel injection servo.

Another service Titan will be offering next year will be R Series conversions. If you already have a wide deck 360 engine of even a Titan 340 we can overhaul and convert your engine into one of the light weight little monsters. Other options to consider are EFii dual electronic fuel and ignition, and yes we can even supply a traditional carb and mags.

Side view

I will try and update a bit more on our happenings, it is also a good idea to get all updates about our R Series engines to register on the bottom of the R Series page at www.titanengine.com, kevine@titanengine.com, 210-820-8142

Enjoy
    Last edited by relentless; 11-30-2014 at 07:37 AM. Reason: spelling
    Kevin Eldredge "Servo"
    President , ACE Performance
    805-996-0800
    www.ace-performance.com

Default Re: Titan Engines Starts ASTM cerification testing of new R Series IOX-R360....

Hey Keven, that's really some beautiful work y'all have done there. I do have a question though: Regarding the EFII configuration, how (or where) are you installing the bosses, (where the fuel injectors nozzles are mounted), into those beautiful carbon fiber intake tubes? I'm using the EFII system on my RV-7 and the bosses are welded into the intake tubes about two inches below where the tubes bolt up to the bottom of the head. I'm just cautious as to how you have this setup.
    Thanks, Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Titan Engines Starts ASTM cerification testing of new R Series IOX-R360....

Quote Originally Posted by Treetopflyer View Post
    Hey Keven, that's really some beautiful work y'all have done there. I do have a question though: Regarding the EFII configuration, how (or where) are you installing the bosses, (where the fuel injectors nozzles are mounted), into those beautiful carbon fiber intake tubes? I'm using the EFII system on my RV-7 and the bosses are welded into the intake tubes about two inches below where the tubes bolt up to the bottom of the head. I'm just cautious as to how you have this setup.
    Thanks, Mark

WE may use stainless tubes with bosses for Efii, the carbon tubes with bosses are simply too expensive.
    Kevin Eldredge "Servo"
    President , ACE Performance
    805-996-0800
    www.ace-performance.com

Sounds great....thanks for the reply!!