Thread: Paperwork and Registration

Default Paperwork and Registration

I thought I'd start a thread on paperwork. First question for all you EX builders, what's been your experience on time for FAA to process your registration?

Default Re: Paperwork and Registration

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I thought I'd start a thread on paperwork. First question for all you EX builders, what's been your experience on time for FAA to process your registration?
    Paul,

We met & exchanged information at a fabric class. I just sent you 2 private messages this morning about your paperwork issue. If you did not receive them, please let me know.

Ben

Default Re: Paperwork and Registration

I'll answer my own question and give you some insight into the registration process with FAA. Overall my experience with Oklahoma was excellent. On the FAA Aircraft Registration homepage https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi...raft_registry/
    they state what the backlog is. When I sent in my application there was about a 2-week backlog indicated and I had my registration just shy of that time.
    I just checked the site tonight and they're working on applications received on or around November 20, 2014. As it gets closer to Christmas week I expect that back log will increase, so right now you're looking at a one month wait for your registration.
    I found that the best way to communicate with this department is by email. Phoning in will likely get you to a recorded message saying caller volume is high so call back later.
    Be sure and send a written request in with your application asking for them to fax (yes, they still use fax machines ) you a copy of your registration soon as it's processed.
    Also, remember to send in a notorized affidavit of ownership.Of course, remember that you have to have your N-number reserved for FAA to assign you with your preferred tail number.
    So bottom line, anyone that is expecting to have their build complete in the next month should be getting their app in ASAP.