Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Instruction in a Carbon Cub

Smile Re: Instruction in a Carbon Cub

Quote Originally Posted by c130jake View Post
    CC-11 is the make is it not? Would the insurance company even know the difference from a sport cub to a carbon cub? I am just thinking out loud based on my old PA28. 150, 160, or 180hp with a fixed pitch prop were considered the same to the insurance company.
    I would agree that CC-11 is the make but the model is very specific if you use the FAA definition. If you look at a student pilot certificate you can be signed off for solo in a PA28-151 but that does not allow you to fly a PA28-161. I think it's crazy but I wanted to make sure that if I do have a loss they can't deny it on a technicality.

All that being said, I talked to my broker on Friday and they have approved a super cub type aircraft for the checkout. The crazy thing is that I have 170 hours of tailwheel time in a J-3, husky and Pitts and I gave the CFI that will "check me out" his tail wheel endorsement. Go figure!!

MR

Default Re: Instruction in a Carbon Cub

Michael,
    good news in the end! I agree... you dont want to be caught on a technicality when filing a claim.... sounds like you have it solved. And.... you wont have much trouble getting the necessary hours!

Rick