Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experience required?

Default Re: Experience required?

Eric,

I’m a first time builder.

My CCK arrived 6 weeks ago and I’m half way through my first wing now. Both the manual and the technical support from Cub Crafters are outstanding, thanks to Mitch Travis. I’d never so much as held a riveter going into the project, but I feel 100% confident in my ability to build the airplane to spec.

I agree with Jake and recommend a factory visit for new builders. I spent two days at the Cub Crafters factory to gain a little hands-on feel for the work performed at each station. It was a lot of fun to meet all the people behind the company, and it definitely helped me prepare for the project.

I’ll try to provide updates at major milestones along with any info that could help other builders.

Have fun,
    Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the note....looking forward to hearing about and seeing your progress!

Where there any other sources you looked at using (i.e. Joe Czachorowski DVDs)?

I am planning on a visit to the factory this spring and if I can work it in, a trip to Oshkosh.

r
    Eric

Mostly, I've just been using the CCK manual and the videos & pictures on dropbox.

And the EAA website is a great place to find short instructional videos for things like rivet removal techniques.

Tom,

Thanks. Looking forward to your progress updates.

r
    Eric