Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Cub in the hangar!

Default Carbon Cub in the hangar!

Hello all,

After keeping my eyes on Carbon Cubs on-and-off since 2010, I am very happy to be the new owner of Carbon Cub #119. No previous tailwheel experience (6.1 hrs in a J3 on floats, 550 hrs in Cirrus SR22, and 650 hrs in the Eclipse 500), having a blast so far! The deck-angle on climb-out is insane.

FullSizeRender.jpg

The plane is currently S-LSA registered; I am thinking of going E-LSA for maintenance and the ability to do mods (without paying for MRA). Are most CC these days E-LSA? One downside is that my local maintenance shop can not work on planes without a type certificate, they are researching where the E-LSA falls (I can always hire a mechanic on the side).

The plane has a GDU370 installed (Performance VFR Panel), and I am thinking of turning it into a G3X by adding the GEA24 Engine Indication unit, and maybe the GSU 25 ADAHRS.

I am ecstatic about LSA part prices. The battery for my Eclipse is about 4 AMU, for the Cub 0.05AMU. The parts for the backup battery service bulletin (which my plane does not yet have) is $399. It is a different world!

I am quite active on COPA (Cirrus Owners & Pilot Association) and a board member of EJOPA (Eclipse Jet Owners and Pilots Association), hoping to become an active participant here as well.
    Last edited by marcusadolfsson; 11-12-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Default Re: Carbon Cub in the hangar!

Marcus,
    As a fellow COPA member I welcome you to the fun side of flying. You will find our friend Bob Anderson hanging around on this site, and as always is a wealth of knowledge. Beautiful plane by the way!
    Alex
    Alex Bell

Marc
    Send me your email we'll send you an invite to Florida Cub Flyers. We have a Flyin every month from Sept-May. All over the State. There's one this Sat by Naples. There one coming up Dec at grass roots not far from Gainesville (toys for tots) think there were 10-12 Carbon Cubs and S2s there last year. You better get a plane cover for that Cirrus they get dusty sitting in the hanger.
    Chuck

Welcome to the family, Marcus! As Chuck said, the Florida Cub Flyers is a great group to get involved with... they have lots of fun flying around to different events. I think you have already been contact by Larry Robinson, but if not, let me know & we'll hook you up. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

Chuck and Kathy - thanks for the suggestion to join the Florida club. John Moreland emailed a few of their newsletters last week, will send in the membership application next week.

Sold the Cirrus a few months ago, so only the Eclipse and the Cub left. Perfect opposites.

There is an Florida Cub Flyers overnight trip to River Ranch, (Lakeland area), on January 10th that may sell out.

I converted to ELSA and my shop has no problem working on the airplane. For anything significant, or rigging, you want to take it to West Palm beach anyway.
    I bought a new Carbon Cub in January of this year and traded it in on a new one that I pick up next month with the 3x touch. Better avionics than I have on my Phenom 100 for 10% of the cost.
    A jet and a carbon cub are the perfect combination, one to fly, one to get somewhere in a hurry. I hope you love flying it as much as I do.
    Lou Meiners

Quote Originally Posted by WetCub View Post
    A jet and a carbon cub are the perfect combination, one to fly, one to get somewhere in a hurry.
    Welcome Marcus! Another COPA convert here. I'll confess I fly a bizjet as well; the combo with a CC is great.
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA

Hi Marcus, and welcome to the cub driver ranks!

Here at the factory I get to fly many of our aircraft, and N80DB ended up staying here as an inventory bird for a bit after it was built. As a result it got used for photo shoots for ads. So, your new bird is just a little bit famous! Thought you might appreciate seeing your bird in a different environment so below is a photo shot at a local grass strip, and then featured in one of our ads (that's me doing the flying honors!)...

IMG_2455.jpg

AOPA_2011v1.jpg
    Randy Lervold

Awesome! It is a beautifully built plane. I watched your recent YouTube video's on take-offs and landings, very well put together.

Earned my TW endorsement today. Now the fun begins.

unnamed.jpg

Congrads Marcus! Let the fun begin!!