Thread: Carbon Cub in the hangar!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Carbon Cub in the hangar!

Hello all,

After keeping my eyes on Carbon Cubs on-and-off since 2010, I am very happy to be the new owner of Carbon Cub #119. No previous tailwheel experience (6.1 hrs in a J3 on floats, 550 hrs in Cirrus SR22, and 650 hrs in the Eclipse 500), having a blast so far! The deck-angle on climb-out is insane.

FullSizeRender.jpg

The plane is currently S-LSA registered; I am thinking of going E-LSA for maintenance and the ability to do mods (without paying for MRA). Are most CC these days E-LSA? One downside is that my local maintenance shop can not work on planes without a type certificate, they are researching where the E-LSA falls (I can always hire a mechanic on the side).

The plane has a GDU370 installed (Performance VFR Panel), and I am thinking of turning it into a G3X by adding the GEA24 Engine Indication unit, and maybe the GSU 25 ADAHRS.

I am ecstatic about LSA part prices. The battery for my Eclipse is about 4 AMU, for the Cub 0.05AMU. The parts for the backup battery service bulletin (which my plane does not yet have) is $399. It is a different world!

I am quite active on COPA (Cirrus Owners & Pilot Association) and a board member of EJOPA (Eclipse Jet Owners and Pilots Association), hoping to become an active participant here as well.
    Last edited by marcusadolfsson; 11-12-2014 at 08:07 PM.