Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Garmin VIRB

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Madison WI
    Posts
    35

    Default Garmin VIRB

    Anyone found a good way to attach a Garmin VIRB camera to the exterior of a Carbon Cub, wing strut or elsewhere?
    Bill Gillen
    Madison, WI

  2. #2
    Senior Member Warren Aircraft LLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton Texas
    Posts
    319

    Default Re: Garmin VIRB

    I use the strut mount Cub crafters sells. I'll send pic this afternoon.
    Scot Warren - Member / President
    Warren Aircraft™ LLC
    940-367-0929
    scot@warrenaircraft.com
    www.warrenaircraft.com

    Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, & Louisiana

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Madison WI
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Garmin VIRB

    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Aircraft LLC View Post
    I use the strut mount Cub crafters sells. I'll send pic this afternoon.
    I look forward to it Scot. I can see how the Cloudbase mount CC sells would work with a GoPro, but can't visualize it with a VIRB. The pictures they have now on the store website are helpful, but I don't see how the camera attaches to the mount unless it's simply an adhesive, which I'm reluctant to count on. My local camera store drew a blank when I asked about a "standard ¼ 20 threaded mount." They said we have 50 kinds of "standard mounts," but none that would work with that camera.
    Bill Gillen
    Madison, WI

  4. #4
    Senior Member Warren Aircraft LLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton Texas
    Posts
    319

    Default Re: Garmin VIRB

    image.jpg

    image.jpg


    image.jpg

    ill let Jon bliss chime in but I think everything was purchased at best buy and a tripod adapter
    Scot Warren - Member / President
    Warren Aircraft™ LLC
    940-367-0929
    scot@warrenaircraft.com
    www.warrenaircraft.com

    Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, & Louisiana

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Madison WI
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Garmin VIRB

    It's the piece you've got your thumb on in the bottom photo that I need. With that and the mount that CC sells, I can see how it all fits together. Think I'll head out to Best Buy this afternoon.

    Thanks again Scot.
    Bill Gillen
    Madison, WI

  6. #6
    Senior Member Warren Aircraft LLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton Texas
    Posts
    319

    Default Re: Garmin VIRB

    Glad that helped.
    Scot Warren - Member / President
    Warren Aircraft™ LLC
    940-367-0929
    scot@warrenaircraft.com
    www.warrenaircraft.com

    Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, & Louisiana

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Garmin VIRB

    Quote Originally Posted by bgillen View Post
    Anyone found a good way to attach a Garmin VIRB camera to the exterior of a Carbon Cub, wing strut or elsewhere?
    tail wheel frame, camera looking forward - incredible view - look at my youtube channel n5854w to see what it does - cheers

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    phoenix,az
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Garmin VIRB

    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Cub Connoisseur View Post
    tail wheel frame, camera looking forward - incredible view - look at my youtube channel n5854w to see what it does - cheers

    I checked out

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJCi5iuNFWM

    Amazing to see the movement in the landing gear. Certainly no criticism of your landing - but is that flex normal for a one wheel landing, it doesn't look like you were carrying that much extra speed. Surprised the prop did not clip the grass.

    Robert

  9. #9
    Senior Member Pete D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Yakima, WA
    Posts
    936

    Default Re: Garmin VIRB

    Quote Originally Posted by bgillen View Post
    It's the piece you've got your thumb on in the bottom photo that I need. With that and the mount that CC sells, I can see how it all fits together. Think I'll head out to Best Buy this afternoon.

    Thanks again Scot.

    The piece he has his thumb on, and the thumb screw looks like something from GoPro...
    Pete Dougherty
    R & D Shop Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Garmin VIRB

    Quote Originally Posted by fr0gpil0t View Post
    I checked out

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJCi5iuNFWM

    Amazing to see the movement in the landing gear. Certainly no criticism of your landing - but is that flex normal for a one wheel landing, it doesn't look like you were carrying that much extra speed. Surprised the prop did not clip the grass.

    Robert
    As written in the description of the video, with that tailwind I was way too fast, and compensating for that ill decision, I had to slam her down - usually it does not flex like that on a one wheel landing, is as smooth as on two - yes I did carry an enormous amount of extra speed with me for that landing configuration - Frank

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •