Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zulu PFX Headset?

Default Zulu PFX Headset?

Has anyone tried the new Zulu PFX headset in the Carbon Cub? Feedback in comparison to Zulu 2's.

Jon

Default Re: Zulu PFX Headset?

I just ordered one yesterday. I've been using Bose A20's since 2011 #165. i'll let you know how they work out.
    Mike

I had a set of Zulus to test and review. I can not recommend them.

I am reviewing the Carbon AKGs from Harman. So far, superior sound clarity. Much lighter that the Zulus and lighter equates more comfort.

Were they Zulu PFX? I am using Zulu.2's now and they work fine. Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    I had a set of Zulus to test and review. I can not recommend them.

I am reviewing the Carbon AKGs from Harman. So far, superior sound clarity. Much lighter that the Zulus and lighter equates more comfort.

I have the Zulu 2's and Bose X in the back. I really like them. I am curious as well about the PFX. Should they truly perform better than the Zulu 2's, I will buy a set and retire my Zulu 2's to the back seat.

Fresno thx for the headsup. Does the Harman's come with the Lemo plug?
    Mike

yes and they also come with the dual plug adapter. i will be interviewing the factory rep this weekend in Palms Springs. PM me if you want to demo a set.

Fresno PM sent
    Thx Mike

I have both the Bose A20 and the Harmon in my Cub. Although I have only a few hours with the Harmon, it seems more effective noise canceling in my Carbon Cub.

Quote Originally Posted by cityrancher View Post
    I have the Zulu 2's and Bose X in the back. I really like them. I am curious as well about the PFX. Should they truly perform better than the Zulu 2's, I will buy a set and retire my Zulu 2's to the back seat.
    Regarding the PFX I have had then now for 3 months and frankly the jury is out. I am a BIG fan of the Zulus 2 and have two sets of Zulu 2s having replaced my Bose A20s with them. That said I ( and I assume others ou there) am at an age where my treble hearing loss is accelerating. The fact tat you can adjust the treble and base on the PFX head sets is what really attracted me to try them. At this time there are some bugs to work out as they seems to keep trying to do a reset so the osund level of dampening keeps changing which is hugely annoying especially in full power loud environment. When they DO settle down they are definately quieter than the Zulu 2 but not hugely so. Lightspeed has been very suppotive and sent me the software upgrades and I loaded that last night but I have not been back in a field test as yet and will report in. If the upgraded software does not fix them than I plan to send them back and stick with My Zulu 2s. Hope that helps. best Gary