Thread: place to land near Chapin SC (Lake Murray)?

Default place to land near Chapin SC (Lake Murray)?

Friends of mine are moving to Chapin SC, on the N side of Lake Murray. There don't seem to be any places to land closer than Fairfield Co (KFDW), near Winnsboro. Anyone know of any places to land closer to Chapin, maybe a private strip or other place not shown on the sectional?

Thanks.

PS. Chapin isn't labelled on the sectional, but a place called Hilton is shown. Roughly the same spot.
    Bill Gillen
    Madison, WI

Default Re: place to land near Chapin SC (Lake Murray)?

Quote Originally Posted by bgillen View Post
    Friends of mine are moving to Chapin SC, on the N side of Lake Murray. There don't seem to be any places to land closer than Fairfield Co (KFDW), near Winnsboro. Anyone know of any places to land closer to Chapin, maybe a private strip or other place not shown on the sectional?

Thanks.

PS. Chapin isn't labelled on the sectional, but a place called Hilton is shown. Roughly the same spot.
    Bill, I have a salesman that lives in Chapin on the North side of the lake. I pick him up at Newberry (KEOE) because it is a straight shot down I-26.

Richard Phillips

Default Re: place to land near Chapin SC (Lake Murray)?

Quote Originally Posted by richphil View Post
    Bill, I have a salesman that lives in Chapin on the North side of the lake. I pick him up at Newberry (KEOE) because it is a straight shot down I-26.

Richard Phillips
    Thanks Richard. KEOE looks like a very good choice. And they even have fuel! I've heard there may also be a private strip or two in the vicinity, and if I find out anything useful, I'll pass it along.
    Bill Gillen
    Madison, WI