Thread: Service Bulletin CK-SB002 Released

Default Service Bulletin CK-SB002 Released

Service Bulletin 002 applies to the Carbon Cub EX models S/N CCK-1320-001, and CCK1865-0001-0090. CK-SB002 relates to the fuel system installed on these airframes.

Cub Crafters, Inc. has determined that there is potential for a low spot to form in the left aft fuel line where condensation could collect below the rear corner of the left side window. This service bulletin provides instructions for retrofitting aircraft to include an additional fuel drain to avoid the potential of water collecting in the line.

Compliance with Part A is required prior to next flight and until Part B is complied with. Part B compliance is recommended at next 100 hour inspection. Continued inspections are required at each annual condition inspection.

If you have any questions, please contact Cub Crafters Customer Support at (509) 248-9491 or support@cubcrafters.com.
    Last edited by v.schmidt; 10-02-2014 at 10:48 AM.
    [FONT=arial][B][COLOR=#0000ff]Victoria Schmidt
    [/COLOR][/B][/FONT][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]Publications & Graphic Design[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial][U][FONT=arial][EMAIL="victoria.schmidt@cubcrafters.com"][COLOR=#0000ff]victoria.schmidt@cubcrafters.com[/COLOR][/EMAIL][/FONT][/U][/FONT]

Default Re: Service Bulletin CK-SB002 Released

Quote Originally Posted by v.schmidt View Post
    Service Bulletin 002 applies to the Carbon Cub EX models S/N CCK-1320-001, and CCK1865-0001-0090. CK-SB002 relates to the fuel system installed on these airframes.

Cub Crafters, Inc. has determined that there is potential for a low spot to form in the left aft fuel line where condensation could collect below the rear corner of the left side window. This service bulletin provides instructions for retrofitting aircraft to include an additional fuel drain to avoid the potential of water collecting in the line.

Compliance with Part A is required prior to next flight and until Part B is complied with. Part B compliance is recommended at next 100 hour inspection. Continued inspections are required at each annual condition inspection.

If you have any questions, please contact Cub Crafters Customer Support at (509) 248-9491 orsupport@cubcrafters.com.

As a new Forum user I cannot find information here that describes in the context of this fuel flow problem, what Part A or Part B compliance is. No doubt this information exists but where is it and how do I find it ??
    Cheers
    Neale

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    As a new Forum user I cannot find information here that describes in the context of this fuel flow problem, what Part A or Part B compliance is. No doubt this information exists but where is it and how do I find it ??
    Cheers
    Neale
    Neale-Here: http://www.cubcrafters.com/support/owners

http://www.cubcrafters.com/pdfs/cck/ck-sb002.pdf
    Last edited by Steve Y; 10-02-2014 at 12:07 AM.
    XCub: CCX-2300-0011
    SPOT X TRACKING: https://maps.findmespot.com/s/09SL

Thanks Steve Y, it is now clear.
    I should have tried a bit harder or perhaps more broadly.
    What now puzzles me now is that after reviewing SB002, I discover that I have already piped my system as per this mod.
    I completed this about 14 months ago following instructions and a kit from CubCrafters.
    Seems like SB002 is a little late/slow.