Thread: Service Bulletin 29 Released

Default Service Bulletin 29 Released

Service Bulletin 00029 applies to the CC11-100 Sport Cub and CC11-160 Carbon Cub models S/N 00001-00263. SB00029 relates to the fuel system installed on these airframes.

Cub Crafters, Inc. has determined that there is potential for a low spot to form in the left aft fuel line where condensation could collect below the rear corner of the left side window. This service bulletin provides instructions for retrofitting aircraft to include an additional fuel drain to avoid the potential of water collecting in the line.

Compliance with Part A is required prior to next flight and until Part B is complied with. Part B compliance is recommended at next 100 hour inspection. Continued inspections are required at each annual condition inspection.

If you have any questions, please contact Cub Crafters Customer Support at (509) 248-9491 or support@cubcrafters.com.

Victoria Schmidt
    Technical Publications Manager
    Cub Crafters, Inc.
    Last edited by v.schmidt; 09-29-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Default Re: Service Bulletin 29 Released

Do you know on what SN, if any, that the fix will be implemented at factory? My aircraft should be ready here in less than 2 weeks, and wondering if I'm going to need to do this or if it's already done. THanks.

SB 29 only applies to CC11 aircraft up to s/n 263. Aircraft being delivered now are in the 320-330 s/n range so it will not apply.

Electronic copies of the POH, AMM and SA, SB, SI documents can be found under the "Support" tab at the top of the main CubCrafters page.

Direct link HERE
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Pete
    I take it that the fuel line was rerouted at SN 264 and up.
    Why wouldn't we just reroute our older aircrafts line to meet the new standard?
    That would be better than adding leak prone joints and drains that drip and get broken off ????
    Bill

Hi Bill,

The aircraft rolling off the line today do have the fuel lines rerouted to prevent any low spots from forming and do have an additional forward fuel drain installed.

Hope this helps!
    [FONT=arial][B][COLOR=#0000ff]Victoria Schmidt
    [/COLOR][/B][/FONT][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]Publications & Graphic Design[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial][U][FONT=arial][EMAIL="victoria.schmidt@cubcrafters.com"][COLOR=#0000ff]victoria.schmidt@cubcrafters.com[/COLOR][/EMAIL][/FONT][/U][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by seastar View Post
    Pete
    I take it that the fuel line was rerouted at SN 264 and up.
    Why wouldn't we just reroute our older aircrafts line to meet the new standard?
    That would be better than adding leak prone joints and drains that drip and get broken off ????
    Bill
    The aircraft of the line are not re-routed, they essentially have the fuel drain added nearly identical to what you do when the SB is installed. It's just done before cover.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

The parts kit for SB29 is showing out of stock and wont even let me add to my "cart" or wish list. When will this be available? I'd like to get it installed with the annual condition inspection

Ed Smith
    Carbon Cub #146

Hi Ed,

I spoke with our Parts Department, and we do have parts in stock. The website has been updated, so you may go ahead and place your order. Let us know if you have any further problems.

Have a great day!
    [/COLOR][/B][/FONT][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]Publications & Graphic Design[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial][U][FONT=arial][EMAIL="victoria.schmidt@cubcrafters.com"][COLOR=#0000ff]victoria.schmidt@cubcrafters.com[/COLOR][/EMAIL][/FONT][/U][/FONT]

Thanks Victoria - I have been back on the web site and ordered the kit.

Cub Crafter's responsiveness is great!

Ed Smith

Good morning,

SB00029 Rev B was released today. This revision addresses older aircraft with an alternate fuel line configuration. To view the updated Service Bulletin, please click HERE.

Please do not hesitate to call or email with any questions you may have.