Thread: Wing strut question

Default Wing strut question

During preflight last flight, found that an aluminum extended (screw/rivet/whatever??) was hanging below the U shaped strut holder under the right wing. I've tried putting it back in, but no success. I'm assuming it isn't structural, but not sure. Any ideas on reattaching it. It comes out below the front strut under the U bracket. Is this a no fly item, or can I fly to the nearest A&P.
    F Baitis

Default Re: Wing strut question

Any chance you could provide a photo of what you are talking about? Is this located on the attach bracket at the wing or the fuselage?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Sloon View Post
    Any chance you could provide a photo of what you are talking about? Is this located on the attach bracket at the wing or the fuselage?

It's at the bottom of the forward strut, near the middle of the wing. All the solid attach points are good, Only the aluminum strut fairing (unless that is the strut, is a bit loose (back and forth movement when pushed or pulled) seems a bit loose in the middle.
    Friedhelm

I see that Jeff Glab contacted you and got things squared away. For those curious, it was the jury strut fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Sloon View Post
    I see that Jeff Glab contacted you and got things squared away. For those curious, it was the jury strut fitting.
    Thanks , Adam. New eye bolt bushings have been sent.
    Friedhelm