Thread: Bragging on my Carbon Cub

Default Bragging on my Carbon Cub

I left West Branson Airport (KFWB) 1350 ft msl, this afternoon at 4:15. I weigh 250 lb and it was full of fuel, plus 50 lb of ballast.
    IT WAS 100 DEGREES!!
    I was off the ground in 200 ft or less into a 7 mph headwind. ! turned out of the pattern and let it climb: 1500-1750 ft per minute! I leveled off at 8500 ft with the Aera 560 showing 12 miles downwind of the airport and more than a mile of that was up!
    Up there, with the power back to the 80 hp limit and leaned the old SWAG way, I was burning about 6 gallons per hour and making about 95 mph with the big tundra tires.
    I guess a jet would climb faster, but it would be burning a lot more fuel!
    Its an AMAZING AIRPLANE!

Default Re: Bragging on my Carbon Cub

Rick, I'm so glad to hear that, I'm a 6'5", 250lb'r and that is music to my ears. I'm just finishing the painting of all my little parts before I start assembling, can't wait to get her in the air.
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

Default Re: Bragging on my Carbon Cub

you won't be disappointed with the performance I guarantee it! And this is not a "Paid" endorsement. It really does what they say it will do. I've been using a 700 ft strip all summer and only use about half of it to get in or out. Our local crop duster flew it a few times and he can literally stop it on a dime. I'm not that good yet, but I'm working on it.