Thread: Catto Prop / S2

Default Catto Prop / S2

Anyone with an S2-XP using a Catto Prop? Any S2's with one, if so what are you running and what has your experience been?
    Thanks, 40M

Default Re: Catto Prop / S2

I have a Sportcub with the Catto 72x43...I was flying with the Sensenich wood. After the change I went from 95mph indicated @ 2500rpm (wood)to 105mph @2400rpm...The cooling improved and take off distance improve a little. I only get 2300rpm on take off and climb out at full throttle with the Catto and I don't know if that is normal or not....But full fuel and me(@250lbs)I see 700fpm.... straight & level flight full throttle only get 2550rpm...The prop is very smoooooth...the only negative thing I have found is the clear protective leading edge has already begun to come off starting at the outer ends on both sides. I have trimmed it twice in 60 hrs....I will probably go with the XP engine package when the cylinders starting getting weak and hopefully Catto will have a prop that will fit that application....hope this helps

Default Re: Catto Prop / S2

I did the upgrade on the engine(Don Sword) a couple of weeks ago and continued to run the Catto 72/43 prop. I was seeing 2450rpm on climb out and 2725 rpm on straight and level flight. With the high compression pistons, C-85 cam and cylinders completely overhauled including valve guides and seats(both exhaust and intake) It really performed @ 1200fpm full fuel and me @250lbs. I changed today to a 76/42 Catto and shortened take off by 38ft and gained 200fpm at a loss of 50 rpm on climb out @2400rpm and 2650 on straight & level flight. The new prop got my attention as I went to full throttle in the pull that was generated. I had just done three take offs with old prop, changed prop and got right back in and did 3 with the new prop measuring each take off. If anyone was wondering, the 76/42 Catto is a good match IMHO.
    Last edited by ncshp; 04-11-2015 at 09:17 PM.