Thread: Unusual passengers

Default Unusual passengers

I had a little problem with one of my brake calipers sticking so I called the shop and they agreed to work me in. I am only a little over an hour from the factory so yesterday I flew over. Halfway through the flight a mouse ran up the wire loom and into the wing root. After adjusting to the surprise, I carried on to fix the brake. Thanks to the guys at the factory (John and Greg) I was back in business and the plane now has a bunch of sticky traps in the plane and around the gear. I am also in the market for a hangar cat. Anybody else have a good suggestion for controlling field mice?

Default Re: Unusual passengers

Quote Originally Posted by cityrancher View Post
    I had a little problem with one of my brake calipers sticking so I called the shop and they agreed to work me in. I am only a little over an hour from the factory so yesterday I flew over. Halfway through the flight a mouse ran up the wire loom and into the wing root. After adjusting to the surprise, I carried on to fix the brake. Thanks to the guys at the factory (John and Greg) I was back in business and the plane now has a bunch of sticky traps in the plane and around the gear. I am also in the market for a hangar cat. Anybody else have a good suggestion for controlling field mice?
    The Cat seems to work well for just about everything that moves.....(-:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    XCub: CCX-2300-0011
    SPOT X TRACKING: https://maps.findmespot.com/s/09SL

I two had a problem with mice. I've sprayed a product called tempo around the outside of my hanger and seemed to help, although it's a bug spray it seems to keep the mice away as well. I still have lots of traps and sticky pads around my airplane but I don't have nearly as many mice as I used to. You can buy tempo right off of Amazon.com

Thanks Gary. I have Tempo but did not realize it helps keep furry critters out as well. I am up to 4 dead mice with the sticky traps in the plane. Hopefully, it will slow to none soon.

I had a terrible problem with mice at my cabin in Minnesota. I solved it by putting Decon in jars all around the cabin.
    punch a hole in the lid about nickel size and lay the jar on its side.
    I will guarantee no more mice.
    Bill