Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight training recommendation

Default Flight training recommendation

Just wanted to pass along a recommendation for tailwheel training. For y'all in the South/Southeast, Table Rock Aviation in Hickory, NC is the place to go. I just completed a few days with Brandon NeSmith of Table Rock Aviation in his SportCub. I needed some dual to get refreshed in tailwheel stuff before picking up my CarbonCub. Brandon is really a delight to work with, just as laid back and down to earth as they come and really sharp. He has a beautiful SportCub and access to probably over 20 grass/turf strips within 30 minutes of KHKY. These strips range from manicured 3000' grass runways to narrow, sloped and obstructed 1000' or less strips, like something you see around deer camps. Brandon is one of the recommended instructors/training centers on the Cubcrafters web site. Lots of Cubcrafters experience, not just with his, but several ferry flights from KYKM. No....I'm not being paid for this glowing recommendation, just had a really great time!
    Last edited by 3phase; 06-27-2014 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Typo

Default Re: Flight training recommendation

Wrong end of the country for me Sheldon but sure does sound like an ideal place for some low and slow.
    Any CFI's down here in the southwest with access to a Carbon Cub or Sport Cub? I'm based in the Phoenix area (KFFZ) but would consider traveling to you depending on distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Wrong end of the country for me Sheldon but sure does sound like an ideal place for some low and slow.
    Any CFI's down here in the southwest with access to a Carbon Cub or Sport Cub? I'm based in the Phoenix area (KFFZ) but would consider traveling to you depending on distance.
    Paul, give me a call and we can chat about options, but I only know of two places in the west half of the country (Seattle and up in MN) where you can rent Sport Cubs for instruction. No CarbonCubs in any flight schools that Im aware of, but the landing phase in a SportCub is virtually identical to a CarbonCub.

Rick

Paul...look here maybe?

http://www.cubdriving.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

Thanks Pete and Rick.

I was in Phoenix last year on business and tried my best to get some off airport time but schedule never worked out. Seems like there was someone else at Mesa with a CCSS but can't seem to find them.

Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

Quote Originally Posted by N867SP View Post
    I was in Phoenix last year on business and tried my best to get some off airport time but schedule never worked out. Seems like there was someone else at Mesa with a CCSS but can't seem to find them.

Pete,
    that school you sent the link for in Mesa is gone. Plane is non operational now.

I am the dealer in AZ, and would love to have a SportCub at someone's school, but there are none. We don have some CarbonCubs in the Phoenix area, but they are all privately owned, and are E-LSA versions, which means they cant be used for instruction (other than for the owner) anyways.

I know Paul and will talk to him about options for training while he builds his plane!

Thx, Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bosshardt View Post
    Pete,
    that school you sent the link for in Mesa is gone. Plane is non operational now.

I am the dealer in AZ, and would love to have a SportCub at someone's school, but there are none. We don have some CarbonCubs in the Phoenix area, but they are all privately owned, and are E-LSA versions, which means they cant be used for instruction (other than for the owner) anyways.

I know Paul and will talk to him about options for training while he builds his plane!

Thx, Rick
    Rick, Regarding www.cubdriving.com, I am still operational but gone for the summer...Yes sport cub gone but still have cubs. I am still at Falcon Field but I moved up into the city hangers. Would like to meet and hook up with you when I get back in the fall..I have alot of CC history to share.... Geo
    Geo
    Piper Cub J3
    www.cubdriving.com

Quote Originally Posted by couleeone View Post
    Rick, Regarding www.cubdriving.com, I am still operational but gone for the summer...Yes sport cub gone but still have cubs. I am still at Falcon Field but I moved up into the city hangers. Would like to meet and hook up with you when I get back in the fall..I have alot of CC history to share.... Geo
    Sorry George, thanks for the update! So I know, as I get many requests for training, what kind of Cubs do you have to instruct in? I was under the assumption you only had the one Sport Cub. Are any of your planes CubCrafter's airplanes?

Yes, lets get together in the fall.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bosshardt View Post
    Sorry George, thanks for the update! So I know, as I get many requests for training, what kind of Cubs do you have to instruct in? I was under the assumption you only had the one Sport Cub. Are any of your planes CubCrafter's airplanes?

Yes, lets get together in the fall.

Rick
    Being the dealer in the midwest we also get a lot of requests for tail wheel instruction. The best solution is to get instruction in a cubcrafters aircraft. The group that is in Stanton Minnesota are some of the best. They do a great job teaching the basics and getting you to a place where you will be safe in your aircraft.

Stanton Sport Aviation, Inc.
    Stanton Airfield (SYN)
    1235 Highway 19
    Stanton, MN 55018

Phone: 507.645.4030
    kentjohn@frontiernet.net
    stantonairfield.com
    Jeffery Baber
    Innovation Aircraft Sales
    (844) ACSALES