Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trutrak Vizion AP/ CC World VFR

Default Re: Trutrak Vizion AP/ CC World VFR

Pete, I had the same reservations about the clamping anchors for the pitch servo. It seemed to me that any loosening of those bolts could result in the servo going out of alignment. In the end I went ahead and used the brackets but I safety wired both bracket bolts to the bracket.
    And I used blue locktite for the "bracket to motor" bolts
    Last edited by Paul; 12-23-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Marcus, I'll post a couple pics shortly. But in meantime, the two Elec Ign C/B's are located on the front of the seat base, left side. Out of the way but handy from your seat.

The top picture shows the original stop in the background and modified stop installed.
    and the other two pics are views of the pitch servo bracket.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul; 12-23-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Paul, how much clearance do you have between the top of the control stick and the bottom of the panel at its closest?

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

Quote Originally Posted by marcusadolfsson View Post
    Paul,

Can you post pictures of your avionics tray and the ignition ECB? In my earlier serial plane the ECB ignition breakers are on the panel but I am going to relocate them to free up breaker space.
    Marcus, things got kind of busy through holidays so finally here's 4 views of the secondary avionics tray that I installed with standoffs and riv nuts. The nut plates shown are for the autopilot auto trim box mounting bolts. The tray is located directly below the main tray. The main purpose of installation of that tray in that location was so I could install the Garmin GDL 3D horizontally and on the longitudinal centre line of the plane. This gives the devise the best conditions for transmitting AHRS by bluetooth to an iPad. The tray also accommodates the Trutrak autopilot auto trim box.

Quote Originally Posted by N867SP View Post
    Paul, how much clearance do you have between the top of the control stick and the bottom of the panel at its closest?

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Hey Pete, I'll get you a dimension tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Hey Pete, I'll get you a dimension tomorrow.
    Hi Pete,
    Here's a couple pics showing the stick at neutral and then trimmed fully forward. When I move my stick forward from a neutral trim position I'm still about 3/4" away from the bottom of my panel (or the bottom of the turn coordinator which I installed at the centre bottom of my panel.
    Sorry about that bottom pic on it's side. but it shows that at the fully forward trim position you have about 1.5" between stick and panel.
    Bottom line, I don't feel the panel crowds my stick at any point in full range of motion.
    Last edited by Paul; 01-05-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks Paul. That's exactly what I needed. Mine is still covered up waiting for paint. I am installing Ray Allen G-205 grip http://www.rayallencompany.com/RACme...ionsG2grip.pdf and was just making sure I wasn't going to run into clearance issues with the panel. With the auto pilot the grip gives you the ability to get PTT, Trim, AP disconnect and CWS all on stick, with the foam grip. Plus will give me the option of increasing the length of the control stick an 1" or so.

Thanks again.

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

So as I have been working on the installation of the WVFR panel I have noticed how easy it is to access everything without the boot cowl installed. Then it was pointed out to me that once boot cowl is installed, how will those same items be accessed in the future? I changed my install game plan to insure as much accessibility as possible. My question is has anyone done anything different to insure the ability to service avionics in the future? And is the instrument panel removable once the windshield is installed?

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

The instrument panel is removable once the boot cowl and windshield are installed. That being said, it is not typically removed unless it is getting replaced. There are two ways to access behind the panel without removing it. One, you can slide under the panel and work upside down. Two, if you have a GPS panel dock you can remove that and sit in the front seat and work through the hole in the panel where the GPS is mounted.

Option one is usually used for small jobs, option two would be used if you were doing more major work.

The service shop regularly removes the whole panel while leaving the windshield and boot cowl on in order to upgrade or change the panel layout for custom options. The only trick is you need a really short screw driver for the screws along the edge of the boot cowl that go into the top edge of the panel. A #1 screwdriver bit welded to a piece of flat steel strap works well for that.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc