Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trutrak Vizion AP/ CC World VFR

Default Trutrak Vizion AP/ CC World VFR

I've attached a couple pics to show how my Trutrak Vizion Autopilot is going into the World VFR Panel. So far, with a minor modification behind the panel and a cutout in the bottom of the panel it's working out real well.

The AP head fits just fine in under the 796 slot. Mitch is working on a new overlay. When you get the World VFR panel there's 2 holes at the top of this area that actually line up with the AP template so locating the cutout is really quite straightforward.
    Notice the magic blue button left of the controller....Vizion's wings level feature.

Autopilot 2.jpg

The Com and Transponder hardware boxes have to be moved out to allow the AP controller to slide in between. Once again, pretty easily done. Just remove the bottom fasteners of each box clamp. Swing it out leaving about 1/8" clearnace between adjacent instruments and match drill a new hole into the backer plate, using the existing hole in the clamp plate.

Autopilot 1.jpg
    Last edited by Paul; 06-17-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Default Re: Trutrak Vizion AP/ CC World VFR

Thanks Paul, now I have an idea what's in store after covering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

Paul, were did you source the "blue button?" Anything specific to TruTrak? Getting ready to move into installation of my WVFR panel. I've mounted the autopilot head into panel and have the new placard from Mitch, anything you learned that you'd like to share?

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

Pete, that straight and level blue button came from Trutrak. Upgrade to Vizion.
    Autopilot was pretty straight forward after I got the modified (taller) stop for the roll servo.
    The space for the pitch servo plug is limited, in fact not enough room for the plug back assembly. Makes it easier if you plug it in before mounting the servo.
    And one other discovery after the servos were in place is the factory drilled hole in the belly pan for the com attenna will not work if you have autopilot. It butts into the servo. I moved mine forward and to the centrer of the belly pan and plugged the hole with a black plastic insert.
    I installed my auto trim box up under the avionics tray on a second tray along with my Garmin 39GDL 3D traffic and AHRS.

Paul, okay so you didn't get the AP from CC, I think mine is DigiFlight II, guess that's an upgraded version. One less part to search for in the kit. With servo bracket kit did you end up using to mount yours? I mounted roll servo prior to cover but the bracket for the pitch servo was giving me some issues so I held off installing it along with some of the other devices in the seat base. Seems like until the servos or mounted you really don't want anything else in there. So trim box behind panel. I also have the GDL-39 3D, did you remote mount the ADS-B ant? I was just planning on sticking it up on the bracket below skylight with GPS and XM ant.

Thanks for the info, glad that you are ahead of me on this so I can use you as a resource. You've got to be close to flying yours be now, photos in the hanger look great!

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

Paul,

Where did you locate the A/P CB and A/P Master Switch in your aircraft?

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

Quote Originally Posted by N867SP View Post
    Paul,

Where did you locate the A/P CB and A/P Master Switch in your aircraft?

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Pete, I installed the AP C/B down on the front of the seat base, right side. Opposite to the electronic ignition C/B's.
    I installed the AP disconnect switch on the stick...about 4" below the push to talk button.
    And I put the autotrim below the avionics tray, on a new tray which also carries my Garmin GDL 3D. Hope this helps. Let me know if you want to see some pics.

Paul
    CCK-1865-0047
    N224Y
    Gilbert, AZ

Paul,

Can you post pictures of your avionics tray and the ignition ECB? In my earlier serial plane the ECB ignition breakers are on the panel but I am going to relocate them to free up breaker space.

Paul,

Tell me more about the "taller roll stop" also how did you end up mounting the pitch servo? I have my reservations about the bracket provided with the TruTrack Kit. Didn't seem to be substantial enough for the weight of the servo and then there were interference issues with the linkage and elevator cables. Do you have any photos of your completed installation of the pitch and roll servos?

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

Pete, I'll post some pictures later tonight or tomorrow of the completed installation. As for the roll stop, TruTrak increased the height of the little tabs at each end of the stop so that it's impossibly for the linkage arm to jump over the stop...which it did for someone, thankfully while they were still on the ground.
    Be sure you have the new, improved part.

Paul