Thread: New Wing/Fuselage Rotators Coming Soon

Default New Wing/Fuselage Rotators Coming Soon

I have been working with a well known company in Washington State to produce a compact wing/fuselage rotator. I am including a PDF of the current design. The main tube and weights will need to be procured by the end user. The nice thing about this fixture system is it can be broken down and shipped UPS in three boxes. The fixture is in the testing phase right now and needs to be connected to a wing and fuselage before it will be released.
    Wing Rotator.pdf

Thanks Mitch
    Pages from Wing Rotator.jpg

Default Re: New Wing/Fuselage Rotators Coming Soon

Looks great! How soon will it be tested?

L

The prototype has been built and weight tested, hope to get a wing and fuselage on it by the end of the month.

Thanks
    Mitch

I like it Mitch. It is similar to the one I use. Getting the tubes and support away from the wing is important to prevent a spray shadow.

i have locking caster type wheels on mine that make it easy to roll out of the way for sweeping, and making room for other components.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

We just fit a wing and fuselage to the new fixtures, I must admit they are going to work really well. Fuselage fixture was perfect. The wing fixture will needs a couple of tweaks and they both will be ready for builders.

Good timing. Getting ready to cover soon.

will those be a sale item or a "loan" ? If the former, any idea as to the expected cost?

Chuck

They will be a purchase only. I think they will be like the leading edge clamps, get a few in the EX system and sell them to the next builder that will need them. They will breakdown and be able to ship UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I have been working with a well known company in Washington State to produce a compact wing/fuselage rotator. I am including a PDF of the current design. The main tube and weights will need to be procured by the end user. The nice thing about this fixture system is it can be broken down and shipped UPS in three boxes. The fixture is in the testing phase right now and needs to be connected to a wing and fuselage before it will be released.
    Wing Rotator.pdf

Thanks Mitch
    Pages from Wing Rotator.jpg
    Thanks for doing this Mitch. I ordered mine today for 1500. They will ship in two weeks to MSP for $70. I had the PDF Dropbox plans quoted by a shop I've used before and they were $3100. Hopefully they'll be for sale this spring!

Gregg
    EX#92
    Carbon Cub EX CCK-1865-0092