Thread: Gap Seal installation

Default Gap Seal installation

Ok - hopefully simple question. Do the gap seals just go in between the hinges or all the way to the outside edge of the elevator on a Sports Cub

IMG_2829.jpg

Default Re: Gap Seal installation

http://www.cubcrafters.com/support/owners

OWNER SUPPORT - Light Sport Service Instructions - SI0021 REV A Gap Seal Installation:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL 1.1 PREPARATION
    1. Carefully clean the gap between the horizontal stabilizer and elevators and the fin and rudder with soap and water to remove any grease or grit. If a solvent is used, ensure it is approved for the type of finish on the aircraft.
    2. Cut two strips of seal 32 inches long. These will be used for the inboard portion of the elevators. Cut two strips 10 1⁄2 inches long. These will be used of the outboard portion of the elevators.
    3. Cut one strip of seal 32 1/4" inches long if no navigation light wire is present or cut one strip of seal 27 1⁄4 inches long if the navigation light wire is present. A 5 inch long piece may be installed below the navigation light wire to prevent the upper piece from slipping down over time. This strip will be used for the rudder.

The way I read it... ALL the way... ?
    (See SI0021 for FULL Instructions)
    Last edited by Steve Y; 05-17-2014 at 02:00 PM.
    XCub: CCX-2300-0011
    SPOT X TRACKING: https://maps.findmespot.com/s/09SL

Thanks Steve - the instructions included were not for a Light Sport !!!

I installed these over the weekend and it's like flying a different plane. I can lift the tail at walking pace on take off and it stays up on landing forever. Really like the feel of the plane now not that it was bad before.

Robert

Isn't it great that you come across something once in a while that is relative cheap yet makes a demonstrable improvement? I know, we need to come with more such things!
    Randy Lervold