Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carbon Fiber Panel for Skyview Touch

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Panel for Skyview Touch

Rich, my plane is one behind Bob's, 317, and I made exactly the same decision going for Dynon. I had early experience with the Garmin that I'll not discuss here, but would like to second Bob's remarks, the Dynon setup is awesome. I bought all the bells and whistles, and the system is over the top for the money spent.
    Don

I like the look of the carbon fiber panel.....I wonder why Cubcrafters does not do this?

We have the Skyview in our EX. Dynon's tech support is remarkable, they quickly handled two issues that we had on the phone. We were even able to get them to make a software change to accommodate the ICOM radio. Garmin makes a good product, but Dynon's focus seems to be more on home-builders. It may be that the flexibility of the Skyview would not be a good choice in an ASTM airplane where standardization is a consideration. They keep updating it and adding new features, something small companies are not afraid to do, I hope success doesn't spoil a good deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Upgraded the SkyView Touch display documented in this thread with the new SkyView HDX display. The display is exactly the same size but has 409,600 more pixels than the SkyView Touch. The result is a much clearer display allowing more information to be displayed and while still being readable. Engine widgets can now be place along the bottom of the display.

iPad Mini to the right running ForeFlight that has a WiFi connection to the Dynon HDX.

I know too much for a Cub but I should never get lost.

Last edited by turbopilot; 04-19-2017 at 04:50 PM.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Do you have any pics or install tips for the autopilot servos? and where did you put the magnetometer?
    Thanks
    Dan Ballin
    EX2 in build

I am using an SV-ADAHRS-200 out in the left wing.

Autopilot install was a chore. No documentation with lots of trial and error. Be very careful installing the linkage for roll control. Given the tight space issues under the seat it is very easy to install that servo linkage in such a way it will go over center and jam the controls. I did this install in 2014. Maybe documentation is better now but I doubt it since it is model specific.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA