Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Show your Panel

Default Re: Show your Panel

Steve Corrado - that looks like a neat panel. I assume you had it machined from a blank panel? Are you installing a Tru Trak AP? We just took delivery of the wing kit and fuselage kit for our EX2, so we are months away from making our avionics decisions, just starting to research option.

Greg, Torrance, CA
    Last edited by Redbruin; 12-29-2016 at 07:10 PM.

Hi Greg, everything is Garmin, AP too. If you want the same panel, Mitch has the file ready to go. There is actually an overlay and riveted to the cubcrafters panel. The panel needs to be reenforced to handle the extra avionics. Best to speak with Mitch.

About to begin my panel and like your hydro dipped example. Do you have the phone # or name of the hydro dipper. None available here in Maine. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    Attachment 5706Attachment 5707Attachment 5708Attachment 5709Attachment 5710Attachment 5711

I'm just getting my panel and wiring in place in my build.

I also purchased some of the carbon fiber 3M paper and was going to install it. I watched videos and researched and I feel it would have worked fine...but I didn't like the color combinations....it just didn't match "exactly" with the Cub Crafters true carbon fiber look. So then I went and visited with a local guy here that does the hydro-dipping. He had done truck wheels in a titanium carbon fiber look that had a bit of silver to it. I've found in the past that if you can't exactly match something....you are better off to go with contrast. This color made a great contrast to not only the CC carbon fiber (more black and gold look) but also a great contrast to the black instruments on the panels.

I did the headers as well as the panel and sent it back to Mitch.....who had them install on my panel. The hydro also is more permanent I think and completely goes around the edges, into holes, etc.

The local fella here not only dipped it but then sprayed some "candy" clearcoat over it to just give it that little something extra. I'd be glad to share his info for anyone interested. I love mine so far.
    Looks great! Would like to get info and phone for "local guy" Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Sgroves0112@gmail.com View Post
    Looks great! Would like to get info and phone for "local guy" Steve
    Hi Steve,

Here is a link to his facebook page with his contact info. https://www.facebook.com/kraken.hydrographics

All-in-one ADS-B participating solution:

http://generalaviationnews.com/2017/...-b-compliance/

Here is my panel.

GTRX45R (ADS-B in and out); autopilot, com controlled through G3X and Vertical power to handle all circuit breaker duties remotely.
    Super cool blue LED ringed button is a discrete input for level feature of autopilot.
    Plan is for Amphibs (Clamar 2180's) thus the set up for "gear". (all led position lights on to check them)
    Font on panel N number matches font on tail N number.
    3m di-noc carbon fiber has a nice satin finish.

"Carb heat" pull knob was a part misfire - to be replaced with a "cabin heat" knob as I am putting in fuel injection.

I may do a more complete write-up if there is enough interest.

David

IMG_6884.jpg

IMG_6873.jpg

IMG_6878.jpg

IMG_6876.jpg
    Last edited by David H; 04-17-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Interested. Please do.

Good looking panel. Very similar to what I am hoping to do. Please share as much as you can. More pics always good!
    Greg Geiger
    Torrance, CA

Panel of new Super Legend XP amphibian with Wipline 2100 floats and MT Reversible propEEAF4D68-E527-47D8-BAEC-3C8178A49120.jpg