Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Repairman (LSA) Inspection - Airplane

Default Repairman (LSA) Inspection - Airplane

I was looking for an 16 hour LSA Repairman Inspection course. Currently EAA does not have one scheduled. Rainbow Aviations does offer courses around the country. As a matter of fact one starts tomorrow in Corning, CA.

Then it occurred to me that CubCrafters should sponsor this course in Yakima. I understand most Carbon Cubs are going out the door as E-LSA's, so it would be a natural to have a course in Yakima with special emphasis on the Carbon Cub.

Even if you want to have a mechanic service and perform the annual sign off of a Carbon Cub, I think every Carbon Cub owner would be potentially attracted to a course about how to care for the airplane.

It would be great if CubCrafters would consider organizing such a course on some weekend in Yakima this winter. A great way to meet other Carbon Cub owners, the CubCrafters team and learn a lot about the airplane.

Not suggesting CubCrafters offer a free course (though that would be nice for owners only) with this idea. Just a good 16 hour course that gets you a Repairman Inspection Certificate and the ability to sign off your airplane once a year if you like while learning more about the care and feeding of the CC.

Any thoughts?
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Default Re: Repairman (LSA) Inspection - Airplane

Bob,

That's a great idea!

I have attended the Rainbow course and have my LSAR Inspection certificate.

The content of the course is dictated by the FAA. There's a lot of material on two strokes and on Rotax four strokes, but the general information is very useful. There would not be enough time in the 16 hours to cover Carbon Cub specifics.

It would be terrific if Cubcrafters would prepare material for a third day.

Carl

I took the course and have a Repairman Certificate, as well. It was VERY informative!! A couple of years ago, CubCrafters did plan to host a 2-day course, but it died due to (I think) lack of enough participants. We now have a LOT more airplanes in the field and maybe it is time to plan a similar program. Randy, what do you think?

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

I'd be interested in a school like that, too. It would be very informative, to say the least.

I would be interested also.

Quote Originally Posted by jim s View Post
    I would be interested also.
    Count me in too, Ben

Quote Originally Posted by chipallen View Post
    I took the course and have a Repairman Certificate, as well. It was VERY informative!! A couple of years ago, CubCrafters did plan to host a 2-day course, but it died due to (I think) lack of enough participants. We now have a LOT more airplanes in the field and maybe it is time to plan a similar program. Randy, what do you think?

Chip,
    How about doing one in the Southeast. I'd would be interested in taking, especially if it was expanded to include CC-x specific information.
    Alex
    Alex Bell

I just returned from the weekend course by Rainbow in Corning, CA. I found it very helpful and informative. The Carpenter's are excellent instructors and Brian's knowledge of aviation is amazing. There was a lot of emphasis on Rotax engines but enough about Continental and Lycoming to keep interest up for me. If Cubcrafters offered an additional day of Cub specific information I would take it again. Great idea.

Here is the schedule from Rainbow Aviation

Alex

SEMINAR LOCATION DATE COST STATUS
    NEW* LSA REPAIRMAN GLIDER -Inspection or Maintenance Ratings
    16hr Repairman Inspection Corning, CA TBA email for details Offered for Airplane, Weight Shift, Powered Parachute and Glider Instructors: Carol and Brian Carpenter Contact list only info@rainbowaviation.com
    16hr Repairman InspectionAirplane, or Weight Shift Pottstown, PA August 21-22, 2013 - followed by fun fly-in event Early registration $375.00
    After August 19- $425.00
    Seats Available- accepting registrations
    info@rainbowaviation.com
    16hr Repairman InspectionAirplane Corning, CA Sept 6-7, 2013 Early registration $375.00 Seats Available- accepting registrations
    info@rainbowaviation.com
    16hr Repairman InspectionAirplane Denton, TX September 28-29, 2013 Early registration $375.00
    After Sept 18- $425.00
    info@rainbowaviation.com
    16hr Repairman InspectionPowered Parachute Mesquite, NV Proposed date Oct 6-7, 2013 Early registration $375.00 Contact list only info@rainbowaviation.com
    16hr Repairman InspectionAirplane Erie, IL Oct 12-13, 2013 Early registration $375.00
    After Oct 4- $425.00
    info@rainbowaviation.com
    16hr Repairman InspectionAirplane, or Weight shift Lakeland, FL January 20-21, 2014 following Sebring Light Sport Expo! Early registration $375.00
    After Jan 5- $425.00
    info@rainbowaviation.com
    Proposed Courses Location The following courses are based on DEMAND Cost and Instructor information Email the link for the course you are interested in attending to ask for addition information. be placed on the contact list.
    16hr Repairman InspectionAirplane, WS, PPC Arlington, WA Offered by demand- email to be added to the contact list. Early registration $425.00 Contact list only info@rainbowaviation.com
    16 HR Repairman InspectionGlider Corning, CA TBA Contact list only-
    click here for map and details
    $425.00
    Instructors: Carol and Brian Carpenter
    Contact list only info@rainbowaviation.com
    16 HR Repairman InspectionAirplane and Powered Parachute Binghamton, NY TBA Contact list only-
    click here for map and details
    $425.00
    Contact list only info@rainbowaviation.com
    Other locations For information: FL, TX, CA, WA, IN, IL, VA, MA, AL, GA Or host a course in your area info@rainbowaviation.com
    Weight Shift, Powered Parachute and Glider Modules Available - call for details
    120 HRRepairman Airplane Maintenance Corning, CA Oct 21- Nov 8, 2013
    (3 weeks) Modules 1-4 ( 8-5 Monday- Friday each week

Followed by optional add on modules for Weight shift, Powered Parachute, Glider. - email for details
    $3,895.00
    $650.00 deposit required
    Seats Available
    info@rainbowaviation.com
    120 HRRepairman Airplane Maintenance Corning, CA May 5-23, 2014 $3,895.00
    $650.00 deposit required
    Seats Available
    info@rainbowaviation.com
    120 HRRepairman Airplane Maintenance Corning, CA Split Course
    Proposed Dates:
    Feb 3-9, 2014 (Mon-Sun)
    March 17-24, 2014 (Mon-Mon)
    $3,895.00
    $650.00 deposit required
    Contact list
    info@rainbowaviation.com

Alex Bell

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
    Then it occurred to me that CubCrafters should sponsor this course in Yakima.
    Randy has asked me to evaluate the possibility of developing a 16 hr LSA Repairman course which would be taught here at Cub Crafters. This is not an insignificant undertaking, so we would like to have some idea of how many folks would sign up for such an offering.